Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camera Check

Wow there must not be too much to choose from in the woods. That many animals in such a short period of time is crazy. It won't last long I'm sure. What is the rule on stuff like that?

Roger-

Quote Originally Posted by Grandkid View Post
    Wow there must not be too much to choose from in the woods. That many animals in such a short period of time is crazy. It won't last long I'm sure. What is the rule on stuff like that?

Roger-
    No rules. Whatever you want, as much as you want for deer.

For bear it is kind of crazy. You can not hunt within 300 feet of a baited area from a tree stand or a ground blind. But you can hunt from within 10 feet of the bait if you just sit behind a tree or rock. You are not allowed to construct anything that will hide you though. Some kind of legislative hang up keeping them from getting it right, with the anti's etc.

And the deer and bear season is open at the same time, which complicates things if you are baiting.

So they want you to shoot all the deer but no bear? And you can bait on private and state land...permit required? So if your more than 10 feet away you can't shoot a bear? I guess that's NJ. So how many deer do you shoot in NJ in a season?

Roger-

So they want you to shoot all the deer but no bear? And you can bait on private and state land...permit required? So if your more than 10 feet away you can't shoot a bear? I guess that's NJ. So how many deer do you shoot in NJ in a season?

Roger-
    No, the 10 feet was just an example. You can be 10 feet or any distance from the bait if you are not in a tree stand or blind.

No permit to bait deer or bear on private or state land. No baiting dates. Can bait year round if you want. However, the Governor closed the bear season last year on state land and it is still closed.

So how many deer do you shoot in NJ in a season?

Roger-
    I average about 8, and whatever the kids get. I give a few deer to the landowners where I hunt.
    I keep a log book and I think I am getting close to #300 total.
    Last edited by longbow; 09-10-2019 at 09:40 PM.

OMG 300! I may need to shoot 20 a year for the next 10 to get close to that number. That is a lot of deer for a game pole.

Roger-

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    No, the 10 feet was just an example. You can be 10 feet or any distance from the bait if you are not in a tree stand or blind.

No permit to bait deer or bear on private or state land. No baiting dates. Can bait year round if you want. However, the Governor closed the bear season last year on state land and it is still closed.
    I suspected you were kidding on the 10 foot rule but I had to ask..it's could be in that state. Have you seen any bears feed on fawn deer down there?

Roger

OMG 300! I may need to shoot 20 a year for the next 10 to get close to that number. That is a lot of deer for a game pole.

Roger-
    Just the reality of hunting in this state. Blessed with some good properties and the time to hunt.

I suspected you were kidding on the 10 foot rule but I had to ask..it's could be in that state. Have you seen any bears feed on fawn deer down there?

Roger
    I can not say that I have personally witnessed a bear kill a fawn. I have seen trail pics, videos, and heard others speak of it. From what I understand they kill a lot.

I have seen direct evidence of red fox killing fawns. And coyotes killing fawns and adult deer. We have bobcats also, that are all over, even in my backyard . Bobcats are illegal to hunt in NJ.

Awesome pics longbow. Are you getting out for bear?