Thread: First Shot 9/14

Default First Shot 9/14

Got "Ol Lightnin Bolt" out today and make a nice first shot at 20 yards. The one that counts. Successive shots were within 4 inches or so. One from 25 yards was 6 inches low. Usually shoot about 10 arrows every other day or so. One at a time, every day the week leading up to the opener. Try to keep my shots 20 or under. Might take a 25 if conditions are perfect. Season starts here on the 14th.

How is your shooting going?

P.S.- Yes was shooting at the ass, (little orange mark), there is no chest ! and yes I need a new target! Should also be first shot 9/4.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by longbow; 09-04-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Bud..... you need a new archery target! lol Do we need to take up a collection??

Quote Originally Posted by Meatseeker View Post
    Bud..... you need a new archery target! lol Do we need to take up a collection??
    Ha, ha, I stopped on a busy state highway and had my wife jump out and take it off someones garbage! It was in better condition then, but came with the moss!

I was impressed with your set up when I thought your arrow penetrated a rock!!! LOL
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    I was impressed with your set up when I thought your arrow penetrated a rock!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Ha, ha, I stopped on a busy state highway and had my wife jump out and take it off someones garbage! It was in better condition then, but came with the moss!
    Damn NJ drivers!!! Probably cut across 3 lanes of traffic to get it as well huh?
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Well done with the hand made bow. You can shoot an ant on a deer carcass....I stick with a compound and am shooting very well. September 15th is our opener and bear season is now open but will wait another week to sit it I think.

Roger-