Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: game preserve vs private land

I guess what would be nice is a property bordering the sanctuary not within it. Might have something huge come out of there!

Page 3 showing the commissioners regulatory power over sanctuaries

Page 7 and 10 showing the boundaries of those certain sanctuaries

Page 14 showing the prohibitions and exceptions which says no hunting allowed in sanctuaries

Page 16 showing there are no exceptions to the no hunting rule for those 2 specific sanctiaries.

http://legislature.maine.gov/statute...tle12ch925.pdf

Right in the Maine Fish And Game Rules and Regulations for Sanctuaries. No Hunting with very few areas that have exceptions.
    Scroll down to the " Closed And Special Regulation Areas " . Those 2 sanctuaries have no exceptions

https://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting-tr...ing-areas.html

Reading the description of the boundary of Limington Hollis Waterboro Sanctuary , the border is all roads or rivers. It does not mention any detours around any private parcels of land. .If his land is indeed inside the contour of the sanctuary boundary described he is breaking the law. If he just borders the sanctuary he is not breaking the law. But the way I read it he would have to be on the opposite side of the rivers and roads that describe the boundary to be legal

Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    Page 3 showing the commissioners regulatory power over sanctuaries

Page 7 and 10 showing the boundaries of those certain sanctuaries

Page 14 showing the prohibitions and exceptions which says no hunting allowed in sanctuaries

Page 16 showing there are no exceptions to the no hunting rule for those 2 specific sanctiaries.

http://legislature.maine.gov/statute...tle12ch925.pdf

Right in the Maine Fish And Game Rules and Regulations for Sanctuaries. No Hunting with very few areas that have exceptions.
    Scroll down to the " Closed And Special Regulation Areas " . Those 2 sanctuaries have no exceptions

https://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting-tr...ing-areas.html

Reading the description of the boundary of Limington Hollis Waterboro Sanctuary , the border is all roads or rivers. It does not mention any detours around any private parcels of land. .If his land is indeed inside the contour of the sanctuary boundary described he is breaking the law. If he just borders the sanctuary he is not breaking the law. But the way I read it he would have to be on the opposite side of the rivers and roads that describe the boundary to be legal
    Did you copy off of mine? Came to the same conclusion as you.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Did you copy off of mine? Came to the same conclusion as you.
    NOPE ! Yours is just the front general page of the legislature. Mine is the pdf file digging into the actual law. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    NOPE ! Yours is just the front general page of the legislature. Mine is the pdf file digging into the actual law. LOL
    You made this a career project I see. Good work.
    Last edited by longbow; 09-01-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdc View Post
    yes ..indeed both instances i referenced the property are within the boundaries of the sanctuary
    Is his house inside the perimeter of this boundary map ?

https://www.maine.gov/ifw/wildlife/p...Waterboro1.pdf

if you find sand pond within the confines of that map ..the 3 little ponds right next to it ..his house sits 100 feet from that middle pond ..so yea he is definitely inside the preserve

I would stick to bow hunting only if I were him.

I think about the preserve in Rangeley Maine with borders of water and state highway. Your house lot or property in that preserve you certainly can not hunt, just for reference.

im assuming its in the deeds...I have family that lives in the preserve in rangely
    Fresh horses and beer for all my friends...FOR TONITE WE RIDE!!!!