Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Runaround from LL Bean

Boa guarantees their product, they replaced a broken system on my cycling shoes no question asked. I think this link will get you started.
    https://www.boafit.com/en-us/support/warranty

Quote Originally Posted by nhbowhunter View Post
    Boa guarantees their product, they replaced a broken system on my cycling shoes no question asked. I think this link will get you started.
    https://www.boafit.com/en-us/support/warranty
    Thanks. If LL Bean sticks it to me (which its looking like they will), I will contact Boa.

Well, I just contacted Boa and ordered the free repair kit. No questions asked. LL Bean could take a cue from these guys.

my wife went thru the same thing with a emergency alert radio they said i needed a receipt which we didnt have then another girl come back on an said they found where i had ordered so it was covered

Quote Originally Posted by bmiller View Post
    my wife went thru the same thing with a emergency alert radio they said i needed a receipt which we didnt have then another girl come back on an said they found where i had ordered so it was covered
    I bought a weather radio there. What a piece of crap. Not blaming LLBean just wondering if that is why you returned it?

I'm going dark for the foreseeable future, but in the interest of fairness, I wanted to make one more post.

It looks like LL Bean finally honored their warranty. After getting their "research" department to find proof of my purchase, I took this proof and the boots into a local LL Bean. The attendant issued me a gift card for the full purchase price, no questions asked. Still not terribly happy with the runaround, but on a money level, they made it good.

Unfortunately for me, it looks like I'll need to roadtrip to Freeport, ME to get the boots I want, as none of the satellite stores seem to carry them. (I considered the "Bean Boots" which were on sale in Concord, but I couldn't get past that mid-foot seam. I think it would drive me crazy.)

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    I bought a weather radio there. What a piece of crap. Not blaming LLBean just wondering if that is why you returned it?
    the spring in battery compartment fell off and so she would have to use the crank for solar on it to hear . she would hand crank it the whole time to hear alerts it was a piece of junk

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    I'm going dark for the foreseeable future, but in the interest of fairness, I wanted to make one more post.

It looks like LL Bean finally honored their warranty. After getting their "research" department to find proof of my purchase, I took this proof and the boots into a local LL Bean. The attendant issued me a gift card for the full purchase price, no questions asked. Still not terribly happy with the runaround, but on a money level, they made it good.

Unfortunately for me, it looks like I'll need to roadtrip to Freeport, ME to get the boots I want, as none of the satellite stores seem to carry them. (I considered the "Bean Boots" which were on sale in Concord, but I couldn't get past that mid-foot seam. I think it would drive me crazy.)
    glad it worked out a little better for you