Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What scope/base/rings for Tikka t3X lite in .30-06

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    AreThese left-handed scopes gender neutral?
    I heard they get very offended being on right handed rifles. If someone is going to spend the money on a left handed scope, I can only assume a left handed sling Is a no brainer?
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    I heard they get very offended being on right handed rifles. If someone is going to spend the money on a left handed scope, I can only assume a left handed sling Is a no brainer?

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    In the old days they would tie your left hand behind your back so you started using the correct hand. I guess times really are a changing.
    Or rap your left hand knuckles with the metal edge on a wooden ruler

Roger-

Back in 2014, I purchased two Vortex 1x4 scopes at the same time. One was for my 45/70, one for my muzzleloader. We went shooting a couple weeks ago and my muzzy was all over the place. I couldn't get it to hold zero. I removed the scope, and the gun shot a nice group with open sites. I sent the scope back to Vortex a week ago and received an email yesterday saying it's covered under warranty.

I wish I would have known the scope was bad before last Muzzleloader season. I missed 4 deer with that gun last year.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Hunter View Post
    Back in 2014, I purchased two Vortex 1x4 scopes at the same time. One was for my 45/70, one for my muzzleloader. We went shooting a couple weeks ago and my muzzy was all over the place. I couldn't get it to hold zero. I removed the scope, and the gun shot a nice group with open sites. I sent the scope back to Vortex a week ago and received an email yesterday saying it's covered under warranty.

I wish I would have known the scope was bad before last Muzzleloader season. I missed 4 deer with that gun last year.
    Bummer. I have only one Vortex scope and it works well. At least they honored your warranty.

This year, I shot a ridiculous amount of ammo, which is how I discovered that the Core Lokts had started to fly everywhere. I did also discover a bad scope, but it was a cheap Weaver on my .243 that could no longer focus, so it was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Someone has too much money!

If you ever want to lower yourself to the rest of us, Savage makes almost all of their rifles in left-handed versions. (Don't know about the scopes, though).

What do you plan to hunt with 7mm-08? How do you like the cartridge?
    Is there really such a thing as too much money?!?! I do not care for the action on the Savage rifles...JMO. The 90 degree bolt throw drives my knuckles into my scope without fail LOL. I bought the 7mm-08 for a couple reasons 1) My Abolt 270WSM kicks like a mule...since my shoulder surgery it really does not handle the recoil very well and will be quite painful for up to a week after shooting. 2) a short mag is really overkill for New England whitetails...no need for it. 3) I have always shot Nosler Partition 150gr bullets out of the 270WSM, they used to be easy to find...now they are getting more difficult.
    I kept the A-bolt for moose hunts and for future elk/caribou/bigger game hunts but the 7-08 will get the nod for the majority of my future hunting.
    It's a real easy gun to shoot. So far I've shot 140gr Nosler Partitions, 120gr Barnes TTSX (these shot awesome out of my wifes Browning AB3), 140gr Winchester Ballistic Silvertips, 139gr Superformance, 140gr Winch Whitetail Season. The Nosler Partitions, and Ballistic silvertips and TTSX all shot 1 MOA or under...I decided to go with the Ballistic Silvertips just because they are readily available and should have excellent performance on deer sized game.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_in_MA View Post
    I do not care for the action on the Savage rifles...JMO. The 90 degree bolt throw drives my knuckles into my scope without fail LOL.
    I have several Savage rifles and I'm pretty happy with them. The two things that make me think about getting something else, like an X-Bolt are the magazines and the bolt throw. The X-bolt really shines in both departments, especially those polymer rotary magazines. (Savage mags are definitely second-rate) Problem is, the Savage rifles are holding up very well. My last purchase was my .338 Federal, which Browning doesn't make, and I got it cheap at CDNN.

If anything ever happens to one of the rifles, I might replace it with something nicer, or at least go to stainless steel.

I bought a Savage just this year. It is my first Savage in over 59 years. I went old school. Model 99 in 300 savage. 1949.....It deserved to be used again.

Roger-

Quote Originally Posted by Grandkid View Post
    I bought a Savage just this year. It is my first Savage in over 59 years. I went old school. Model 99 in 300 savage. 1949.....It deserved to be used again.

Roger-
    Great rifle I have two of those. One with peep sights and one with a scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandkid View Post

Roger-

other than the weight I love the old model 99's . I hunt with my grandfathers .300 EG. I've never owned a rifle that I personally shoot as well as that gun. But it does get awful heavy on those 6-8 mile mountain hikes!!!!
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.