Thread: Any Bucks Yet?

Default Any Bucks Yet?

I have been seeing a few nice bucks, but have not put any cameras out yet. Probably in the next week or so. Anyone getting any pics yet?

Four big bucks on camera so far....three on the same cam over minerals and another on a field camera 50 yards away from the minerals.

I was driving home around 7:30pm last Wednesday and I saw 2 deer in a field of tall grass - could just see the tops of their backs/neck/head above the grass - so I stopped and glassed them. One doe and the other a buck in velvet. He had 2 points on his right side a single long tine on his left, hoping he "fills out" but I don't think the antler growing season has much time left, don't they start knocking off the velvet in August?

Quote Originally Posted by DLuke View Post
    Four big bucks on camera so far....three on the same cam over minerals and another on a field camera 50 yards away from the minerals.
    I can't open the pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavman View Post
    I was driving home around 7:30pm last Wednesday and I saw 2 deer in a field of tall grass - could just see the tops of their backs/neck/head above the grass - so I stopped and glassed them. One doe and the other a buck in velvet. He had 2 points on his right side a single long tine on his left, hoping he "fills out" but I don't think the antler growing season has much time left, don't they start knocking off the velvet in August?
    Usually first week of September here. Doesn't sound like he is going to have too much from what you described.

Wow...hard to believe its that time again. Just hung a couple cameras this week. A bit earlier this year....as I don't usually feel up to it until we get "a touch of fall in the air"...which around here usually means mid August.
    To visit VBBC website simply copy and paste the following link into your search; www.vtbiggestbucks.com/

I checked my camera behind camp on Sat., 50 pics, all does, many of the same deer I believe. They didn't look super healthy either sadly. I did see a doe and three fawns the other morning in my very residential neighborhood, first time I can recall seeing three fawns.

I have been seeing quite a few. I have been seeing plenty of does and a lot of velvet but only two big eights. I had a long ride up to Saratoga last week and saw a bunch of deer off 87, one nice buck on the way back. Then a real nice buck that I had my wife take a pic of as I pulled off the road. Of course she can't find that one. I have a few on the trail cam that I will post when I get to work. Nothing special but they are only about 10 yards from the house so that is to be expected.

A few button bucks and a huge ~8 pointer still in velvet.

I’ve never read so much BS.
    Not one picture to back up any of these alleged deer.