Thread: Loaded Oaks

Default Loaded Oaks

We just moved to a new home so I was just admiring the yard and layout when I noticed that a few of the oaks in the yard are loaded with acorns. That got me looking every where I've been all weekend and it seems here in central NH we are going to have a serious Red Acorn crop. You guys seeing the same?
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    We just moved to a new home so I was just admiring the yard and layout when I noticed that a few of the oaks in the yard are loaded with acorns. That got me looking every where I've been all weekend and it seems here in central NH we are going to have a serious Red Acorn crop. You guys seeing the same?
    Congrats on the new house! Did you move far? More property? Most important, can you piss off the rear deck with no neighbors to see?

Guys are saying trees are loaded here, I'll have to take a look today.
    Last edited by longbow; 06-25-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Yes and many are seeing some beechnuts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Congrats on the new house! Did you move far? More property? Most important, can you piss off the rear deck with no neighbors to see?

Guys are saying trees are loaded here, I'll have to take a look today.
    Other side of town. Yes I can piss all over the yard and nobody can see me. Ragged mountain is literally out my door. I have plenty of familiar woods to roam.
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

My kids and I ski at Ragged. We'll have to stop in and say hello sometime. Congrats.

Congrats on the move! Do you rent or own?
    Ragged is just a couple of hills as the crow flies from me. I haven’t been out in my woods yet except to survey the snow damage to my ground blind after the snows left. My back hill is mostly beech with a few oaks mixed in. I’ll have to put on my skeeter net and go look for nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    Congrats on the move! Do you rent or own?
    Ragged is just a couple of hills as the crow flies from me. I haven’t been out in my woods yet except to survey the snow damage to my ground blind after the snows left. My back hill is mostly beech with a few oaks mixed in. I’ll have to put on my skeeter net and go look for nuts.
    We rent.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    Other side of town. Yes I can piss all over the yard and nobody can see me. Ragged mountain is literally out my door. I have plenty of familiar woods to roam.
    You're pretty close to my Groton/Bristol hunting grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    You're pretty close to my Groton/Bristol hunting grounds.
    1/2 hour

Yes tons of acorns on the seacoast. Red oaks for sure. They are shedding right now also.

Roger-