Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 47 years and never...

Not in club yet. I did put the wrong bullets in my rifle once if that counts?

I bet you "saw stars" on that one! Don't worry the scar probably will never leave but it will fade with time...

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Not in club yet. I did put the wrong bullets in my rifle once if that counts?
    Not truly my fault but I had it happen to me. Brand new unopened box of Remington 12 ga shotgun shells. Opened it up, grabbed a handful when I left the truck, and stoked 3 into my 870. Shot a bird and had another fly into a tree. Stroked a shell and a jam. Couldn't get it out. Took a good 20 minutes to whittle a stick to shove down the barrel, all the while that darned bird sitting there looking at me. Bird finally took off just before I got the shell out.

It was a 16 ga shell, green hull and all.
    I've already told you more than I know.

Now you've got me worried. My Vortex Strike Eagle 3 doesn't show 100 yards focused above 9x. Some have suggested that I need to bring the scope in closer, as the adjustment ring is flat out. I've almost been kissed by this scope where it is - I don't relish the idea of moving it back another 1/4".

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Now you've got me worried. My Vortex Strike Eagle 3 doesn't show 100 yards focused above 9x. Some have suggested that I need to bring the scope in closer, as the adjustment ring is flat out. I've almost been kissed by this scope where it is - I don't relish the idea of moving it back another 1/4".
    It only stings for a minute and there are no lasting effects no lasting effects
    I've already told you more than I know.

Lookin' good buddy! Just remember Jay... chicks dig scars!

That's an experience one never forgets. Glad it wasn't worse.

I have a scar on my nose from my Muzzle loader scope. I must have put too much powder in or something. I remember thinking that the recoil felt stout compared to my 45/70 that I had just shot. A look in my truck mirror revealed blood running down my nose!
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

looks like it a good one