Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zone 4 bull hunt

Default Zone 4 bull hunt

My daughter got chosen for a zone 4 bull permit in the first October season. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on places to stay? With her being a teenager, a shower would probably be her only necessity (besides a moose)! Iím not looking for any hunting spots just places to stay.

I think The best part of this experience is the planning and the building excitement!

Thank you for any input you folks may have.

Call JD at Boulets Sporting Camps. Excellent and reasonable spot well within Z4. Stayed there for years. Bring your appetite if you choose to have the meals they serve. Showers, modern plumbing and heat. Great people. 207-723-8800. Have a great time.

Ross Lake Camps will have what you need.

I’ve shot two moose out of Libby camps. They’re probably all booked up though. First class hunt.

Pittston Farm

Thank you for the info. How is Pittston farms lodging? I’ve snowmobiled into there several times but have never stayed there. Do you happen to know if the gate opens up early enough in the morning to allow for travel to your hunting area? Again thank you for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowed View Post
    Thank you for the info. How is Pittston farms lodging? I’ve snowmobiled into there several times but have never stayed there. Do you happen to know if the gate opens up early enough in the morning to allow for travel to your hunting area? Again thank you for the information.
    honestly, the place is pretty run down. Good location, gate is right there but Not sure on hours.

I stayed there for 7 or 8 years back in it’s hay day. 90’s and early 2000s. KC has pretty well assesed it. Stay inside the gate, and further into Z4.

Quote Originally Posted by groundtender View Post
    I stayed there for 7 or 8 years back in it’s hay day. 90’s and early 2000s. KC has pretty well assesed it. Stay inside the gate, and further into Z4.
    I hate to say it about a small business, but it’s really fallen off. I was throwing it out as an option as hunters lots of us don’t need much and during this time it’s sometimes hard to get a place. That being said, the owners now, son of the previous owners, aren’t business people. They struggle and I wouldn’t be surprised if the place goes under in the next year or too.

Unrelated, but we just booked our week in zone 8 at the cabin I rent for the winter at Parlin Pond. Starting to polish up on my calling and getting lists together.