Thread: Can anyone tell me anything about this rear site??

Default Can anyone tell me anything about this rear site??

Helping a friend clean out his parents house and came across this rear windage site. No clue what it goes to or value. I can't find any manufactures name or model on it.
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

"The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Could it be an older military sight. Off an Enfield or something like that?
    I've already told you more than I know.

That’s what a friend of mine who owns a gun shop said it could possibly be. Maybe off a Mauser?

I believe he is correct.
    I've already told you more than I know.

There are many varieties of sights, but they all serve the same purpose of assisting you in the alignment of the barrel of your firearm with the exact spot you wish to hit. Many different sites that I use day and night while hunting. The front sight may be a blade or a dot located at the end of the muzzle and the rear sight may be a U shape, a V shape, two dots, a straight line, or a simple notch in the back edge just above the hammer on a revolver or at the back edge of the slide on a semi-automatic pistol.
    Last edited by AnthonyFowler; 07-25-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyFowler View Post
    There are many varieties of sights, but they all serve the same purpose of assisting you in the alignment of the barrel of your firearm with the exact spot you wish to hit. Many different sites that I use day and night while hunting. The front sight may be a blade or a dot located at the end of the muzzle and the rear sight may be a U shape, a V shape, two dots, a straight line, or a simple notch in the back edge just above the hammer on a revolver or at the back edge of the slide on a semi-automatic pistol.
    Welcome to the site Anthony! What rifle do you like to hunt with, and what are your preferred sights?
    Last edited by longbow; 07-25-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Looks a lot like the one my Enfield reproduction.