Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Moultrie trail cam

Does the Recon FHD have a battery cartridge? I'm thinking they are the source of my camera problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    Does the Recon FHD have a battery cartridge? I'm thinking they are the source of my camera problems.
    yes but I've never had an issue with any of the 5 cams I have due to battery cartridges. What model do you have?
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    yes but I've never had an issue with any of the 5 cams I have due to battery cartridges. What model do you have?
    I have the Dark Ops HD. I love the camera, but on two of them the battery cartridge seems to be intermittent.

Another vote for browning, no issue with my moultrie but the browning is much better and the pictures are incredible.

Well, I bought a Browning Dark Ops HD to replace the old one. Sure enough, when I went into the woods Saturday, the suspect camera was dead. I have been unable to revive it.

Also decided to try some cheap Walmart cameras. Bought a $28 Tasco and a $68 WGI camera. After getting them home, I can see why they're so cheap, but if they work well enough, they could do for the low-traffic areas.

Also, when checking my old Moultrie, I found that something had torn it off the tree. Completely tore through the nylon straps. Camera was on the ground, and it was still working.

I must say I'm rather impressed with the durability. Took the strap from the broken Browning and put the Moultrie back up.

Also, when checking my old Moultrie, I found that something had torn it off the tree. Completely tore through the nylon straps. Camera was on the ground, and it was still working.

I must say I'm rather impressed with the durability. Took the strap from the broken Browning and put the Moultrie back up.

Bigfoot
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Bigfoot
    Unfortunately, owing to the mechanical distress, the camera only caught a single blurred frame of the assailant. So, like all Bigfoot pictures, this one is useless for positive ID. So you must be right.

Unfortunately, owing to the mechanical distress, the camera only caught a single blurred frame of the assailant. So, like all Bigfoot pictures, this one is useless for positive ID. So you must be right.
    Hahaha well played!! Good luck with the new can and that big bear

Hahaha well played!! Good luck with the new can and that big bear
    Luckily I was able to restore the picture Igloo sent me and here is the result.