Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moultrie trail cam

Default Moultrie trail cam

Any input on the Moultrie M-40 i ? I've never used a trail cam but thought I might try to get a pic of Bigfoot.
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

I had Moultie's . Switched to Bushnell's.

Why ?
    www.fishwatchhill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Why ?
    Cause the Moulties are junk, they are awful. If you get half the pictures you're doing well. Try a Browning Recon FHD. Set if for video, check it in a week, and you'll be amazed at the video quality.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Recon-Force...cAAOSwS3lcWQFN

If You're going to get a video of Bigfoot, at least make sure it's as clear as it can be.

These are videos I have loaded over the years. If you go back to the beginning of my uploads there are some WGI cams, some Bushnell cams as well as some covert video. I think of the 4 camera brands, the browning will speak for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...A&pbjreload=10
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Thanks , good info. The Browning sounds interesting. How's the battery life in video mode compare to still pics ?
    www.fishwatchhill.com

Moultrie ‘s did not last. Have had good luck with Bushnell E4 Essential’s. Under 100 on sale at times. Very good battery life. Sounds like the Browning’s aregood also.

I've been using Brownings almost exclusively and they are first rate, but I am reconsidering getting more of them.

The Achilles Heel of the Brownings for me is the battery cartridge. I have two that are otherwise perfect but have become unreliable owing to intermittent contacts on the battery cartridges. Have you had similar problems?

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Moultrie ‘s did not last. Have had good luck with Bushnell E4 Essential’s. Under 100 on sale at times. Very good battery life. Sounds like the Browning’s aregood also.
    x2 on the Moultries. I have one, about four years old. It still works, but I know (from tracks) that is misses all but the most obvious critters. Also, the sound has an annoying buzz. Both "features" were present from Day 1. I keep it in the field in an unimportant area, but I doubt I'll ever buy another.

Thanks for the input. I'll see what comes up on sale.
    www.fishwatchhill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Thanks , good info. The Browning sounds interesting. How's the battery life in video mode compare to still pics ?
    Battery life is couple months running 30 second videos during daylight. When I check them every other week or so, they will have 20-35 videos on them if I put them in the right spot. I'm happy with the battery life.

Now... the only bad thing I can say about Browning, and it's a big thing...... their customer service SUCKS!!! or at least it did two years ago. I had the impression they were way under staffed.

Also. I wouldn't buy any camera BUT the one I put the link on for you. I had a couple strike force models and they flat out sucked. The trigger speed was terrible and missed me many times walking in on a logging road. The only model I would buy is the Recon FHD.
    Last edited by NH Hunter; 05-15-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.