Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: First attempt at reloading

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    S.E. MASS
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    I have been playing around with the Savage. 100 yard group off a rolled up sleeping bag. I'm done with that rifle. The Lee Loader seems to put together serviceable and consistent ammo. I guess internet MOA shooters are a fallacy.

    Attachment 22074
    Is that the best you can do? 2 to 3 MOA is the gold standard... you need to open that up a bit

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    S.E.Connecticut
    Posts
    5,313

    Default

    That's the 250 ,what did you change ?
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    That's the 250 ,what did you change ?
    No, that is the Savage Axis in 308.

    I was able to get a slightly smaller group with the 250. I seated the 100 grain Speer out further and reduced the load a bit.
    I've already told you more than I know.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meatseeker View Post
    Is that the best you can do? 2 to 3 MOA is the gold standard... you need to open that up a bit
    Now I remember why I haven't posted on Hunting Chat for about nine months.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    North Jersey Woods ( NJW)
    Posts
    5,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    I have been playing around with the Savage. 100 yard group off a rolled up sleeping bag. I'm done with that rifle. The Lee Loader seems to put together serviceable and consistent ammo. I guess internet MOA shooters are a fallacy.

    Attachment 22074
    Nice shootin, but Y’all missed the X
    Last edited by longbow; 05-21-2019 at 08:43 PM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Nice shootin, but Y’all missed the X
    LOL. Sure did

    i sighted in the rifle with Remington factory ammo. I was surprised by the POI change with reloads. I was expecting some but maybe not that drastic.

    my 250-3000 is sighted in with Hornady factory ammunition and my reloads are also shooting 3-4 inches higher.
    Last edited by JDK; 05-22-2019 at 04:56 AM.
    I've already told you more than I know.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    North Jersey Woods ( NJW)
    Posts
    5,342

    Default

    The reloading is going really well. Impressive! Something I never got into.

    With groups like that, you do realize that if you miss, you won’t be able to exclaim, “this dang rifle don’t shoot worth a hill of beans!”, anymore.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    The reloading is going really well. Impressive! Something I never got into.

    With groups like that, you do realize that if you miss, you won’t be able to exclaim, “this dang rifle don’t shoot worth a hill of beans!”, anymore.
    That is true and I don't mind. Of course the new excuse is the Coriolis effect and earth spin.

    It is a fun hobby. Passes the evenings. The 308s were easy. The 250 Savage, not so much.
    I've already told you more than I know.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    362

    Default

    JDK I think its great that you can reload cheaply. I doubt that you will miss anything with your reloads. They will hit where your rifle is aimed for sure.

    Roger-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •