Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ruger Predator Grab a Gun and Go

Quote Originally Posted by Vtbuck223 View Post
    Rifles are like any tool in that each user finds what works best for them. Keep in mind I am not trying to sell anyone on this rifle. I bought this one because I liked it and in my estimation there is a lot to like here. Money is not an issue....could have bought any rifle I wanted...but I like the idea that it is reasonably priced. I am no more a fancy gun guy than I am a fancy car guy...because as in the immortal words of Shania Twain...they "don't impress me much". I have owned and hunted with many different rifles over the years...and none of them fancy because rifles are a tool to me...no different than my Stihl chainsaws. I haven't shot this one yet...but from the reviews I read prior to buying it...performance in that regard should not be an issue. As far as the rifle itself...I can tell by handling it that it is a killer for me. I would feel very comfortable hunting with this rifle instead of my 7600 or Marlin .35. For me...when I hold it in my hands and put it to my shoulder...I just get that "oh yeah" feeling.
    Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to dismiss this rifle as being inferior, low quality, etc. I was just going off other post, and any issues that folks had, as I've only handled the youth model. A rattling 7600 certainly does not feel like "quality" some times (even though the price dictates otherwise), but like you said, guns are a tool to get a job done.

Thanks...I'd appreciate that

limbsaver isnít noticeably less ďtackyĒ, not worth the purchase. Itís just about the same so save your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    limbsaver isnít noticeably less ďtackyĒ, not worth the purchase. Itís just about the same so save your money.
    Thanks KC good to know...sounds like it just "comes with the territory" of having a butt pad. Been so long...easy to forget. I don't anticipate that it will be too big a problem in the field. Truth be told...I have killed quite a few deer with my 7600 only half seated on my shoulder.
    To visit VBBC website simply copy and paste the following link into your search; www.vtbiggestbucks.com/

Thanks KC good to know...sounds like it just "comes with the territory" of having a butt pad. Been so long...easy to forget. I don't anticipate that it will be too big a problem in the field. Truth be told...I have killed quite a few deer with my 7600 only half seated on my shoulder.
    i think it’s exactly that. Running the 7600 with the hard plastic plate for years, is well, just different.