Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas Bobcat

Well it looks like a cat.....just not a natural pose....:roll eyes:

Roger

Very few taxidermists can pull off bobcats. I say the same for brook trout. I call them "attempts".

I try to always preface my criticism of any one person's taxidermy that at the end of the day, if the customer is happy with the product, no one else's opinion really matters. When it comes to taxidermy, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

With that said, Cody Gould of Crown of Maine Taxidermy does phenomenal bobcat work (IMO) and really just great taxidermy work in general. You can look him up on Facebook to find more pictures of his work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMaine View Post
    Very few taxidermists can pull off bobcats. I say the same for brook trout. I call them "attempts".

I try to always preface my criticism of any one person's taxidermy that at the end of the day, if the customer is happy with the product, no one else's opinion really matters. When it comes to taxidermy, beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

With that said, Cody Gould of Crown of Maine Taxidermy does phenomenal bobcat work (IMO) and really just great taxidermy work in general. You can look him up on Facebook to find more pictures of his work.
    Now those are some excellent Bobcat mounts !

Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    Now those are some excellent Bobcat mounts !
    He's just a young guy too, maybe early 20s. He does great work on everything he touches.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMaine View Post
    He's just a young guy too, maybe early 20s. He does great work on everything he touches.
    Beautiful and realistic work! That young man has a great future!

So show us YOUR Bobcat mount....

Quote Originally Posted by D Harry View Post
    So show us YOUR Bobcat mount....
    Me? I don't have one. We don't have a bobcat season in NH. What do you think of the work NorthMaine posted? Pretty realistic looking cat huh? It's actually by far the best one I've ever seen a picture of. Your thoughts?
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.