Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The 300 Pound Buck

If you go the the Lawson Creek Outfitters website and look at the 2003 gallery of photo's you will see a guy holding up a set of antlers with a red cloth on the skull, that scored high enough for Boone and Crocket typical.

Those guys in all the photos hunted the same camp as us a week later. They only put their pictures on the website. Why? I don't know. They do not update the website, which made me wonder what is going on. I called last year and the owner Jerry Farber said, yes they were still hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Yes, he said he has not set up a tent camp in a while, but would if I got a few guys together. I guess they usually put the guys at a motel in Porcupine Plains and then pick them up every morning.

I would like to stay in the tent camp if I went back. They have one big wall tent for sleeping with a wood stove and propane heat and another wall tent next to it with the kitchen and large dining table.

You park the truck and trailers and drive a few miles in on 4 wheelers to the camp. I know this is hard to believe, but the first day when we drove into camp there was a 150 inch class 10 point eating the alfalfa bails next to the tent. He was not afraid at all and Marylyn the camp cook and coowner said he was off limits, as he was the "camp" deer.

At night there were deer eating the alfalfa bails next to the tent, and bucks fighting right next to the tent! lol

It was so much fun, I had constant action all day long and we all shot deer over 150" with live weights of 275+.

It was different hunting than I was used to, namely hiking around in Maine and seeing nothing. Back then I did not bait deer at all, and I thought, is this really a challenge? But, I accepted it for what it is, something completely different and a heck of a lot of fun!! Deer hunting heaven.
    Sounds like a great hunt

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    They do not update the website, which made me wonder what is going on. I called last year and the owner Jerry Farber said, yes they were still hunting.
    I took notice of that and was wondering myself