Thread: Trigger work?

Default Trigger work?

I have two 7600s. Both have an unacceptable level of trigger creep, like a really long pull before they break.
    Any affordable fixes. I see the timney upgrade is about $100. Seems pricey. Anything more affordable out there?

I believe there is a trigger spring kit available for less then $20.
    I've already told you more than I know.

www.erniethegunsmith.com for the springs. 6.95 each. They help a little with the creep and lighten the pull for sure. Worth it for sure. I did it with my Remington shotguns also. Timney trigger really takes the creep out, expensive but worth it in my opinion. I only have it on my .270 7600.

Thanks, springs are on the way. Will try those first.

I’m thinking you’ll see an inprovement with just changing the springs.

DLuke would have good advice on this....he had work done on his and it’s super crisp. You might send him a pm message...i’ll Let him know you’ve got the question though.
    Life is short. Choose the mountains you are willing to die on carefully.

Good luck on the trail!

Springs installed. Really cleaned and oiled everything and the combo helped. Trigger is lighter and appears to be a shorter creep. I think this will do.

Springs really do help. You can get some emery cloth and polish the original sear to gain a very little. But it is very easy to polish it too much and you’ll be in trouble. The sear they include in the Timney kit is perfect right out of the box. But for the money the springs will be all most rifles can take or need.

Quote Originally Posted by Haystaddle View Post
    Springs really do help. You can get some emery cloth and polish the original sear to gain a very little. But it is very easy to polish it too much and you’ll be in trouble. The sear they include in the Timney kit is perfect right out of the box. But for the money the springs will be all most rifles can take or need.
    Thanks, I think I’ll be good. I felt like I had what was a “hang up” on the trigger action. Pull, pull, gritty, pull, break.
    I noticed this fall while target shooting I was pulling every single shot to the left. In a rest it was superb and accurate dead center. My buddy tried it and was like WTF, is that a 2 stage trigger. My other 7600 was no better. Both see, solid now.