Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buck tag

Default Buck tag

I wish NH would allow us to purchase an extra buck firearms tag and then let people who wish purchase a doe tag . I purchase doe tags every year and never fill them. I don't shoot does.
    2 B 1 Ask 1

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    I wish NH would allow us to purchase an extra buck firearms tag and then let people who wish purchase a doe tag . I purchase doe tags every year and never fill them. I don't shoot does.
    I feel your pain... likewise I don't shoot does! I guess there have been some instances in the past where I was sure the fawns with the does were button bucks, but I couldn't do it. It seems like it's paying dividends for me because I'm seeing some nice bucks I never saw before.

Purchasing antleress tags and not filling them prompts the agency to issue more antlerless tags. They issue antlerless tags in two zones to achieve a desired effect and intentions of those tags are to be in the hands of hunters who will use them.

Save yourself the money if you are not going to fill the tags.
    Last edited by outdoorsman; 08-06-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Word clarification
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

yeah that seems relatively simple. if you don't intend to use them then why purchase them?

Or is this one of those scenarios like the wife finding your "special" mag collection? "I don't know why I bought them hun, I don't look at them!" yyeeaahh ssuurree you don't haha

Just because you purchase a tag doesn't guarantee you'll fill it. My guess is that there aren't many purchasing these tags that won't use them.

Big difference between "not filling" and "no intention of filling."

edit

Just to be clear, I agree with what is being said about most getting tags with the intention of killing a doe.
    Last edited by JDK; 08-07-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    I've already told you more than I know.

Guess when I get my L tag I'll save another doe.
    2 B 1 Ask 1

Myself, I don’t see it as saving a doe. I see it as inadvertently self issuing a second tag for a hunter to explore the woods and shoot the doe that was attempted to be saved.
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    Guess when I get my L tag I'll save another doe.
    You certaunky have the right to do whatever you want but -
    Since the L Tag is by lottery only, are you not depriving anther hunter the opportunity to shoot a doe?
    Similar to members of PETA getting a moose tag with no intention of using it.
    ** Those who would disrespect our American Flag - Have never been handed a folded one! **
    ** Real Heroes Don't Wear Capes - They Wear Dog Tags! **
    ** Sign at my VFW Post: "It's not the price you pay to join, it's the price you paid to be eligible" **
    ** I Fought this War to Save your Ass, not to Kiss it **

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
    You certaunky have the right to do whatever you want but -
    Since the L Tag is by lottery only, are you not depriving anther hunter the opportunity to shoot a doe?
    Similar to members of PETA getting a moose tag with no intention of using it.
    Actually, if you believe the F&G know what they are doing with deer management, you are potentially doing a lot more damage than just depriving another hunter the opportunity to take a doe that wants to.

1) By not filling your doe tags, you are making it harder for the adequate numbers of antlerless deer to be harvested.
    2) As Outdoorsman stated, the F&G will then look at "success" rates for filling tags and issue more in subsequent years to meet the needed harvest.
    3) then you have the risk of an over harvest of animals if in any particular year if a greater % of people who get permits decide to and successfully fill them