Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington Going Bankrupt?

Default Remington Going Bankrupt?

they should have just sold there 22lr bricks for 15 bucks a brick for the past 8 years. They would have been in the positive.

How the hell could they be going broke? 7600's selling for 849.00 new, 870 slug barrels costing 220.00...... I just read an article in Hawkeye that gun sales were up again for the 10th year in a row.

Shouldn't be much of a surprise. Capital management companys will find the cheapest way to get things done at the cost of quality. Suck every dime out of the company for investors. Declare bankruptcy. Pay pennies on the dollar for what they owe. Business as usual. Don't worry Stevo and his flunkies will still be jet setting around the country on various hunting adventures while selling us inferior products at a rediculous price. Wonder if they would be willing to get paid pennies on the dollar for what they think they are worth. Somehow I doubt it. It's fun playing with other people's money.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Last edited by Big D; 02-11-2018 at 05:46 AM.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Shame the way Remington has gone down hill over the years

Not a Remington fan but I would hate to see them go under.
    I've already told you more than I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Shouldn't be much of a surprise. Capital management companys will find the cheapest way to get things done at the cost of quality. Suck every dime out of the company for investors. Declare bankruptcy. Pay pennies on the dollar for what they owe. Business as usual. Don't worry Stevo and his flunkies will still be jet setting around the country on various hunting adventures while selling us inferior products at a rediculous price. Wonder if they would be willing to get paid pennies on the dollar for what they think they are worth. Somehow I doubt it. It's fun playing with other people's money.
    You hit the nail on the head. It pisses me off that they bought out Marlin and have brought them down too. Marlins reputation for quality still hasn't recovered.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

Even their ammo has quality issues. I have a hand full of core Lokts from the last 5 years that have a perfectly dented primer but did not go off. I have been using federal ammo with 0 misfires.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

I just bought a used,(newer),Marlin1895g, 45-70 yesterday. Thing is as nice as my older JM's, tack driver also, shot it today with the Hornady Lever Revolution 325's.
    Attached Images Attached Images