Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Darn Tough socks?

Bought a pair, almost puked at the price, but so comfy in my rubbers walking in the woods. Great breathablity.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    Bought a pair, almost puked at the price, but so comfy in my rubbers walking in the woods. Great breathablity.
    Nothing at the moment but sometimes GoBros.com will have them on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by VtPalmaShooter View Post
    Nothing at the moment but sometimes GoBros.com will have them on sale.
    i have been checking all over the last few month, but couldnt find the style, height, and size I needed so paid like $26 with free shipping to get what I wanted on EBay. Probably some knock offs.

My wife always checks the men’s department any time she visits a TJ Maxx store. She has found me a few pairs on sale for around $10.

I like the minus 33 socks. But also have the Darn Tough brand as well.

I bought a pair last year to wear with uninsulated rubber boots, over the calf, I think they were called hunter. I liked them except my feet always felt a little bit wet, I started wearing a pair of regular socks underneath them and that solved it. I used that setup until the temp was in the single digits, then I switched to insulated boots. They seem to be very well made and didn’t stretch out like other wool socks I have. I’d like to get a second pair for next year, hoping to find them on sale though, paid $40.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLostBeaver View Post
    I bought a pair last year to wear with uninsulated rubber boots, over the calf, I think they were called hunter. I liked them except my feet always felt a little bit wet, I started wearing a pair of regular socks underneath them and that solved it. I used that setup until the temp was in the single digits, then I switched to insulated boots. They seem to be very well made and didn’t stretch out like other wool socks I have. I’d like to get a second pair for next year, hoping to find them on sale though, paid $40.
    I find military sock liners that are poly pro keep the moisture off the skin. Rubber boots are a love hate relationship, because they don’t breath.

Keep an eye on GoBros.com. They are constantly having discounts. I've got all mine through them and usually pay around $20- $22 bucks.
    I love it when a plan comes together!