Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Cabin

As things are gearing up toward the hunting season, figured I would give an update on the hunting cabin. After being up there a couple years now, we realized we should have enclosed the porch, especially in the summer when the bugs would like to carry you away. My wife, while cruising Pintrest, found a screened in porch idea she would like. So, a couple weeks ago we started on that idea. We framed it so she could see out the screens onto the food plot in the "front yard". Once the framing and siding and screens were installed, I needed to build some doors. I saw some cool looking doors with wildlife scenes carved into them and decided to add my touch to my doors. I decided on a buck chasing a hot doe. I drew them onto each door along with oak leaves and acorn clusters in the top corners. Then I put the dremel to use. We hung them last weekend. The buck side is on pocket door hardware so it will slide open, and the doe side is fixed with hinges so it can be stationary, but swung open if needed. We now would like to put some indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor of the porch and that will be the end of the work up to the Shamp this year. Almost forgot, we will also be installing a meat pole in the coming days. My clover plot out front, had some hold over turnips from last year. LOL. Good luck to everyone this upcoming season!
    screenporch.jpg
    porchdoors.jpg
    screen.jpg
    turnip.jpg

That is awesome.

Nice job! I must have missed why you call your camp a shamp...shared camp?

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    Nice job! I must have missed why you call your camp a shamp...shared camp?
    Shed/Camp=SHAMP

Thank you Mo! It started out to be a shed and we decided to make it a camp. Figured it needed a name and it sort of stuck. Now friends and family all refer to it as the Shamp. LOL

New porch with deer scene looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    New porch with deer scene looks great!
    Thanks Longbow!

Well beyond a "shed" now, excellent work. May a 200 pounder come your way this fall.

Nice job on the whole Shamp. Memories will continue.

Roger-

Quote Originally Posted by WetWool View Post
    Well beyond a "shed" now, excellent work. May a 200 pounder come your way this fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandkid View Post
    Nice job on the whole Shamp. Memories will continue.

Roger-
    Thank you all! Wet Wool that would be awesome, but I would be happy with any deer. Considering I ate tag soup last year. LOL The Shamp is our slice of heaven and a place to make lots more memories with family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by benny8 View Post
    Thank you all! Wet Wool that would be awesome, but I would be happy with any deer. Considering I ate tag soup last year. LOL The Shamp is our slice of heaven and a place to make lots more memories with family and friends.
    You will find as you get older Benny that its all about just a place to get away, not what it is or how much $ you have in it. For what we use ours for even though its only 30 miles away we should sell it but we won't. When I'm at camp I know longer need my blood pressure meds.

Several small deer on cam right behind camp but no shooters yet. I passed on a couple small bucks last year waiting for Big Daddy and the wife has already told me the freezer is empty so don't do it again! Acorns and beechnuts out in full force this year, good luck to you, the fever is starting to ignite on these cold mornings!
    Last edited by WetWool; 09-11-2019 at 07:48 AM.