Thread: Teriyaki marinated venison steak

Default Teriyaki marinated venison steak

I'm sure most of you guys already have this recipe but for those who don't you'll enjoy it. My wife wouldn't ever eat venison unless I hid it somehow. At first I started with shepherd's pie doing 50% beef burger and,50% venison burger. She never noticed.
    Teriyaki marinated venison steak:
    Depending on how much steak you cook will depend on the amount of the ingredients...
    1/2 cup of cooking oil,1/2 cup soy sauce,1/2 cup of Worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup of white vinegar, few splashes of liquid smoke, 1/4 cup of OJ and yes a half a cup of brown sugar. Mix it up well and add your steak to it in a Ziploc bags and remove the air. Marinate it atleast 24 hours. I let mine marinate 2-3 days.
    Throw it on the grill and it's delicious. Just about every person who told me that they didn't like venison or would never eat it I've done this marinade for and didn't say anything until dinner was over. Never had any complaints and everyone loved it and asked for the ingredients
    Enjoy!
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience,that hunter is 20' closer to God".
    Fred Bear

Man, that sounds good.

Sounds awesome! Even though my whole family likes the taste of venison, we have marinated over night in a bottle of soy sauce and a cup of brown sugar. We use a whole backstrap. Once marinated we wrap it in bacon and bake it for 35 minutes. It is awesome. Sorry for hijacking.

Quote Originally Posted by benny8 View Post
    Sounds awesome! Even though my whole family likes the taste of venison, we have marinated over night in a bottle of soy sauce and a cup of brown sugar. We use a whole backstrap. Once marinated we wrap it in bacon and bake it for 35 minutes. It is awesome. Sorry for hijacking.
    Aaron that's not hijacking that's what this forum is for! You definitely can't mess anything up with bacon. I do go heavy on the brown sugar. It's damn delicious!
    "When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience,that hunter is 20' closer to God".
    Fred Bear

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorsmanNH View Post
    Never had any complaints
    ...until the found out you tricked them into eating venison. My wife would shoot me if I did this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve/NH View Post
    ...until the found out you tricked them into eating venison. My wife would shoot me if I did this.
    If and when I get some meat in the freezer, I'll let you know if my wife shot me...

Gonna try this recipe this week, thanks
    "Not all those who wander are lost"