Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could it be that this is why there aren't more stories and pictures posted.

Default Could it be that this is why there aren't more stories and pictures posted.

A while ago the moderators were talking about declining participation on HC. Thought I'd bring this up. Just one of my observations. On 8-24-2014 Meatseeker posted stories of a goose hunt in Mass. It was a great story with several very nice pictures. There were 1439 views and only 2 people could be bothered with a reply. I'm pretty sure he is not looking for congratulations or a pat on the back and neither are the rest of us that post stories, but stories and pictures take a little effort and you would think they would be worthy of at least a " Thank You " whether your a goose hunter or not. I believe bigrack brought up something similar to what I am saying a while back. And Meatseeker's post isn't the only one. No doubt a lot of you missed the post which is understandable and fine, but out of the 1439 views I would think that several hundred might be members.
    Last edited by Browseline; 09-14-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling

It's a good point. Sometimes it will take me an hour or more to download cam videos and then post them up only to have a few comments. Not looking for a four star thread. Even DLukes post have been getting sparse comments even with a 150 class buck in the frames and a three legged buck on his way out. Browse you sure have done your part! Thanks for all the great stories!
    Life is short. Choose the mountains you are willing to die on carefully.

Good luck on the trail!

Agreed Browesline.... Honestly I'm guilty of doing so. I'm starting to look forward to your posts and stories as much as the RB's, but I don't think I've ever posted so. It's not a good excuse, but I know for me that sometimes it will be due to reading the story from my phone. Posting from my phone sucks. I spell bad enough, but when trying to hen peck through a long winded response, I will have dozens or words butchered due to my fat thumbs. My intentions are always to go back and write something, but by then the thread is days old. Like I said, not even close to a legit excuse, but just an example as to what happens. I will make sure in the future not to be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Browseline View Post
    A while ago the moderators were talking about declining participation on HC. Thought I'd bring this up. Just one of my observations. On 8-24-2014 Meatseeker posted stories of a goose hunt in Mass. It was a great story with several very nice pictures. There were 1439 views and only 2 people could be bothered with a reply. I'm pretty sure he is not looking for congratulations or a pat on the back and neither are the rest of us that post stories, but stories and pictures take a little effort and you would think they would be worthy of at least a " Thank You " whether your a goose hunter or not. I believe bigrack brought up something similar to what I am saying a while back. And Meatseeker's post isn't the only one. No doubt a lot of you missed the post which is understandable and fine, but out of the 1439 views I would think that several hundred might be members.

That obviously took a long time for you to type out... Thank you.

(That's not the reason... Threads like THIS are the reason...)
    Analog spoken here...

Well I can only speak for myself. I haven't been around all summer to do any posting do to some personal issues. I will do my best to contribute. It is kind of lousy to take the time to post even it is a simple question and get next to nothing for responses. With the season just beginning maybe folks will start posting again.

I don't believe any thread will change things. The posters will post, the seasonal posters will do it that way. And the lurkers will lurk. Only way to change things is new members.

I personally think that this has been one of the better summers for number of posters/posting that I can remember, and I go back to 2004 on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Turningleaf View Post
    It's a good point. Sometimes it will take me an hour or more to download cam videos and then post them up only to have a few comments. Not looking for a four star thread. Even DLukes post have been getting sparse comments even with a 150 class buck in the frames and a three legged buck on his way out. Browse you sure have done your part! Thanks for all the great stories!
    Personally, unless the thread title makes me think there is something unusual in a cam pic, I don't even open them. Not my thing, obviously many others do as they get plenty of views.

Quote Originally Posted by DLuke View Post
    I personally think that this has been one of the better summers for number of posters/posting that I can remember, and I go back to 2004 on here.
    +1
    Analog spoken here...

I think we are actually a little spoiled as far as participation. I've seen other forums that if you go away for a week, you only find 3 or 4 new posts. If you leave here for a week, there is some catching up to do.