Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: swollen lymph node

Default swollen lymph node

Anyone ever have a swollen lymph node? I have one on the ride side of my neck. Dr said he thinks its lymphadenopathy But did no test, the idea of lymphoma is freaking me out

Quote Originally Posted by pigman View Post
    Anyone ever have a swollen lymph node? I have one on the ride side of my neck. Dr said he thinks its lymphadenopathy But did no test, the idea of lymphoma is freaking me out
    I had one swell up near my junk about 10 years ago. I thought I was going to be the next lance armstrong. Fortunatly it was just where my tool pouch buckle had pressed into it and caused it to swell. I hope it's nothing. I imagine it's a pretty tough thing to try and pay no attention to though.... Hope all works out well.
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Had one swell behind my ear a couple times...back when I was a kid and didn't know any better. Didn't do or say anything to anybody, but they went away. If it happened again, I'd get it checked at this stage of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    I had one swell up near my junk about 10 years ago. I thought I was going to be the next lance armstrong. Fortunatly it was just where my tool pouch buckle had pressed into it and caused it to swell. I hope it's nothing. I imagine it's a pretty tough thing to try and pay no attention to though.... Hope all works out well.
    X2
    AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL

I am a 9 year lymphoma survivor, so I genuinely understand and sympathize with your concern. Here's the thing, lymph nodes get swollen all the time as a result of your immune system battling a bug of some form. If you have had a recent ear, sinus, or throat infection, a swollen lymph node is to be expected. How long have you had it? Has it shrunk at all? Is it soft or hard? Can it be moved around when you touch it, or is it rooted firmly in place? Lumps from lymphoma are generally very firm, fixed solidly in place, and they do not shrink. It sounds like you did the right thing by going to get looked at, early detection is very important. I was stupid, I ignored a marble sized lump on the left side of my neck for nearly 2 years before being seen. By the time I got diagnosed, that marble sized lump was now the size of a chicken egg, and my spleen was 3 times its normal size. I was an advanced stage 3, and doctors gave me only a 25% chance of surviving 6 months. Again, good job getting checked. Trust your doctors, and do not try to self diagnose yourself on WebMD.
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

It looks as though a big focus should be what is causing the Lymphadenopathy. According to http://www.lymphadenopathy.net/, there are many potential causes. Try to stay calm and listen to the doctor. Good luck, and Get Well.

Get well prayers will be sent this evening Pigman.

In about 3 1/2 weeks its gone down twice, usuaaly comes back within a day or so...I can't really feel it that great but it is pretty sore and tender...I am on humira and work in a lot of wood dust so that's what makes me nervous

A month really is not that long. Maybe the wood dust is causing allergies. If it makes you feel any better, my lump was not ever sore or tender, lumps from lymphoma are generally painless.
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

Thanks will help me sleep better a little bit tonight