Thread: W V Deer season

Default W V Deer season

Well the 2012 Firearms season is under way here ,and in my area of the panhandle the findings is pretty thin,4 or 5 shots each mornin till 8:00 am then its quiet.

Neighbor boy shot a coyote then half hour later shot a spike,was guttin it ,looks up another 2 coyotes lookin at him ,he missed both of em.that seems to be the problem around here coyotes and CWD .we are in a no bait area as of this year.Maybe things will pick up soon for the good

I wish you luck in the Mountain State. I have never hunted West Virginia but drove through it a number of times. That Panhandle area seems very mountainous. I recall driving down a steep grade going in and then out of through Wheeling.

West Virginia must have a lot of deer. I know of a hunter from WV by the name of Dr. Rogers. He is an avid handgun hunter and has recorded over 1000 deer kills with various handguns. Granted many are crop damage but that is still very impressive.

How much snow did Hurricane Sandy fall on your hunting area? It may have had some kind of impact.

yes it is mountianous bigbore and we have our share of flatland to.
    we use to have a lot of deer when there was a lot of apple orchards but they are practically gone now and so are the deer,at least in my area.you still find deer just have to hunt harder and ground is either being developed or posted.
    Plus you could kill 11 deer legally a year for quite some time if you bought the tags, and hunt muzzleloader,archery and rifle.

We did get around a inch of snow during sandy inspots here but futher up the road they got anywhere from 6''-30'' inches