Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: R.i.p ben(buckshot)

Taking my daughter out this morning for muzzleloader season, which in some areas means almost any deer is shootable. I used to dislike wearing orange, but even though I am 43, my mother still insists that I wear an orange vest when ever she can make me do so. Today, Ricci Sue and I won't be leaving the truck without them on, this time not out of guilt brought on by Mom, but because I couldn't imagine losing Ric, or vice versa. I don't think we need another shooting accident this year.
    Ammonoosuc River Outfitters, Owner.
    Licensed New Hampshire Hunting Guide

Outfitter for
    theextremehunter.com/newhampshire

proud member of the "you can't eat the horn's" hunting club

" a man shouldn't have to work from sept. the first until dec 31"...Frank Patoine, my uncle

OMG - I had seen this in the NH Union Leader but only had time to read the first couple paragraphs of the article. Just catching up on HC now and I am shocked!

On my drive into work today I was so grumpy becuase it is such a beautiful day and I can't hunt and I was seeing trucks parked on the sides of the road everywhere!

Now, I just hope that everyone who is out there is safe and hope that we all keep buckshot in mind and each do what we can to prevent another horrific tragedy like this.

So sad.
    "I want to look at the horizon and not see a building standing tall, I want to be the only one for miles and miles, except for maybe you and your simple smile."

Unreal...very sad situation- my thoughts to all of buckshot's family and friends. Two weeks in the woods away is good, but coming back to this sort of news is heartbreaking.

Certainly lends some perspective to everything...
    Last edited by mbVT; 10-13-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Not all those who wander are lost. -Tolkien

Horrible tragedy.

Condolences to both families as well as friends who will be forever changed. I think once people come to grips with the incident, they can look for what little positive can come from this type of situation......raise awareness to hunter safety, and the accident, while a momentary lapse in judgement with horrible consequences should not define their lives. People close to them will perhaps remember to embrace the outdoor life the way these two men did.

Bump...be safe this year guys..
    Fresh horses and beer for all my friends...FOR TONITE WE RIDE!!!!

Thanks, You too!
    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man, free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit - ever. They're like the Viet Cong - Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower. And that's all she wrote.
    "

Yes. Everybody be safe this year and remember Buckshot.