Terms and Conditions - Spam Guidelines - HC Window Decals

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: where do the wild pigs live in New Hampshire

Default where do the wild pigs live in New Hampshire

before anyone gets too wise, i mean the four legged version. i can find plenty of two legged ones here in VT, trust me. i read an article recently that stated there are some pigs in N.H. i checked a different article and it had a map showing that pigs were present in N.H. so, since i don't have any new animals to hunt here, i either want to go for a pig or caribou, and caribou are a lot more expensive than a pig. anybody have some leads, ideas, hints where to look? i contacted the state years ago, they knew there were some, but didn't know how many or where to start looking. anyone up for BBQ? Pat
    Ammonoosuc River Outfitters, Owner.
    Licensed New Hampshire Hunting Guide

Outfitter for
    theextremehunter.com/newhampshire

proud member of the "you can't eat the horn's" hunting club

" a man shouldn't have to work from sept. the first until dec 31"...Frank Patoine, my uncle

The State of NH allows the hunting of wild boar year round. The boar are some of the few escapees from the private hunting club at Corbin Park in Sullivan County.

To the best of my knowledge, the few that do escape are taken care of very quickly by the local hunters. The private reserve itself is over 100 years old and encompasses about 40K acres under a very high fence. This club is very exclusive. You have to be voted in to be a member and then you have to buy a share of the club, at 235,000 dollars. Then the yearly membership is something around 35,000 a year.

The average person isn't going to see the inside of that place.

This club is very exclusive. You have to be voted in to be a member and then you have to buy a share of the club, at 235,000 dollars. Then the yearly membership is something around 35,000 a year.

The average person isn't going to see the inside of that place.[/b]
    Screw that I betcha anything there is much better hunting in public places

Screw that I betcha anything there is much better hunting in public places[/b]

Hardly. They have quite a game program there that can never be matched by any public land in New England, and offer hunts for game other than Turkeys, pigs, and deer.

However, still not worth the cash IMO. That kind of money I would own my own lands and manage it.

I live near Corbin Park and it is an amazing tract of land. But, I guess I'm confused by the question. It's my understanding that the only populations of feral pigs in NH are escapees from Corbin Park. Is there a native population? I've also heard recently that it used to be that these pigs (and any other game escaping the high fence) were not regulated by the state of NH and could be killed year round. One of the locals (I moved here a little over a year ago) tells me that that has all changed and there are state regulations in place now.

I may be wrong, but if you’re looking for wild hogs in NH, your options are pretty limited.
    I always take life with a grain of salt, plus a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.

i saw on a hunting show once that NH had a population of ferral hogs too. thought tha was interesting since we domt have any over here in Maine.
    "SO YOU HAVE ENEMIES, GOOD. THAT MEANS YOU HAVE STOOD UP FOR SOMETHING AT SOME POINT IN YOUR LIFE." Winston Churchill

I have heard there is a breeding population near the Lincoln NH area that is originally from escapees.
    The days in agony are over. It won't happen again, Honest injun.....

My tools...
    http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...5/sluggun2.jpg<----------<<<<< http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...65/vortec2.jpg

i was just looking back in my notes from when i first started looking into this. maybe someone can add to what i have, or knows someone who knows someone.
    "There is a small concentration of wild boar believed to be in the Claremont/Cornish area of NH. They have escaped from a large game preserve in the area. The best place to hunt them is in swampy areas. You need to have NH Hunting License in order to hunt them. Because they have escaped from a game farm, there is no closed season on them, nor is there a limit to the # of take. Because the animal does not have to be registered by a hunter, we have no records as to how many are shot a year, however, I would guess that the numbers are small.

Linda
    Wildlife Division
    NH Fish & Game Dept.

"Wild pigs in croydon, n.h. follow snowmobile trail when hunting in winter"

that&#39;s about all i have to go on. i did speak with someone once, of course i can&#39;t remember who, from southern N.H., that was close to the Maine border claiming there were some down there, around the salt marshes i think they told me. said a local cop used to do well on them, but to stick to the swamps. i know it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack, but then again, i also want to hunt for elk in virginia. i guess they cross the border from kentucky. VA doesn&#39;t want them in their state, and you can shoot either sex, tag it with your deer tag, go out for another one. anyone interested in trying for that? i have a little bit more info on them, including contacts ( somewhere) to call for that trip. Pat
    Ammonoosuc River Outfitters, Owner.
    Licensed New Hampshire Hunting Guide

Outfitter for
    theextremehunter.com/newhampshire

proud member of the "you can't eat the horn's" hunting club

" a man shouldn't have to work from sept. the first until dec 31"...Frank Patoine, my uncle

I have heard there is a breeding population near the Lincoln NH area that is originally from escapees.[/b]

Is there another preserve up there?

That&#39;s a long way from Corbin.
    I always take life with a grain of salt, plus a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.

Wild boar can travel some distance. I chatted with a game warden in Massachusetts once and he told me about a wild boar in the Berkshires that they were trying to get that was an escapee from some place in upstate NY. I want to say it went 100 miles or more.