Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NH Moose Lottery

Default NH Moose Lottery

Who is in? How many years? Anyone ever draw a permit?

I'm in. I think for around 10 years now.

Good luck Friday!

I've been in since 2006. I drew a tag the very first time I applied. I killed a DIY cow on the very last day in zone C2. I'm hoping to draw again some day.

I applied for points only this year, too busy building our house to dedicate the time to a hunt. Pretty sure I am 0 for 17 or 18 at this point. I guided a friend who got drawn on his first try as a non-resident in 2009. He took a 42” bull on the third day after having some close calls with bigger bulls the first two days.

I’m in with 13 or 14 points. I was drawn in 2001.
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

Tried for years and gave up...I think they should hold off on the hunt for 5 years to either let the herd recuperate or somehow fix the tick problem. Probably can’t be fixed but they sure can stop the hunt if they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    Tried for years and gave up...I think they should hold off on the hunt for 5 years to either let the herd recuperate or somehow fix the tick problem. Probably can’t be fixed but they sure can stop the hunt if they want to.
    The tick issue is moose density and climate dependent. Answer is change the climate or decrease moose density to brake the host/parasite cycle.

Forest fires are a option though forest fires are not accepted well and private landowners don’t like to see their timber value disappear.

I have six points, I believe. Only started hunting anything in 2013, so I obviously don't have a long history racking up points.

If I get drawn, I'll need to take unpaid vacation time for it. Oh well..

I'm in. I was drawn in 2014. Last year was my first year back in the lottery...so I have a whopping 2 points going in. I drew Maine this year...so I'm actually hoping my name doesn't get drawn LOL

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
    The tick issue is moose density and climate dependent. Answer is change the climate or decrease moose density to brake the host/parasite cycle.
    I think this is one of the single hardest things for the general public to understand. Lowering densities in the short term can give huge long term benefits. Hunters can lower that density in a controlled method, or the ticks can in a "bust" cycle method.