Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Zone 4 bull hunt

Every place I’ve checked with so far is booked or hasn’t called back. It’s looking like I may be purchasing a wall tent and creating my own lodging. I agree with wanting to be further into zone 4.

PB Guide service.

May try Seeboomic Campground as they have cabins, if you have not already.

I pass this place a lot, but don’t have anything on them other than a good location.

https://loonlodgemaine.com/contact-us/

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    I hate to say it about a small business, but itís really fallen off. I was throwing it out as an option as hunters lots of us donít need much and during this time itís sometimes hard to get a place. That being said, the owners now, son of the previous owners, arenít business people. They struggle and I wouldnít be surprised if the place goes under in the next year or too.
    They're good at taking grooming videos.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMaine View Post
    They're good at taking grooming videos.
    Good at grooming too. Guy is an operator, not just someone that pulls a drag down the trail. He knows when to go temp and weather wise, when to hold the snow down before it blows off, etc. Very few guys have it down to a science here. Kruse gets it, as does Dave Jones when town politics doesn’t get in the way.

Customer service, hospitality, and the rest they(pittston) have zero hope.

At Pittston Farm 20 years ago on a Saturday night Twitchell’s had two seatings for supper in the summer and fall. Reservations were necessary. People came from a long ways for a nice drive in the woods and an outstanding buffet that included scallops, prime rib, and vegetables grown in the big garden down by the road to the campground. Too bad for Guy and Jen, very likeable folks. In November there wasn’t an extra seat in the dining rooms for breakfast or supper. All filled with deer hunters who were staying there.

Quote Originally Posted by groundtender View Post
    At Pittston Farm 20 years ago on a Saturday night Twitchell’s had two seatings for supper in the summer and fall. Reservations were necessary. People came from a long ways for a nice drive in the woods and an outstanding buffet that included scallops, prime rib, and vegetables grown in the big garden down by the road to the campground. Too bad for Guy and Jen, very likeable folks. In November there wasn’t an extra seat in the dining rooms for breakfast or supper. All filled with deer hunters who were staying there.
    Since it’s the only game in town, they get the required volume, but things like not having a stocked cooler or even a bag of chips on a Saturday in January makes no sense, especially since they can charge anything they want. No fuel when expecting 300 people paying 5.00 a gallon, etc. I knew his parents, last owners, personally from down here. Used to go in every weekend. Now, I make it point to avoid after a bunch of things I care not to go into. Sad to see it change so drastically.

Since HS and college, and now living in Southern Maine, I don't get back up to Jackman a whole lot, especially not to go riding. Used to go in there a few times a winter though back in HS. It was always a nice ride. It's unfortunate...