Thread: Another NYS Fishing Bonanza!(Pics)

Default Another NYS Fishing Bonanza!(Pics)

My son and I met up with a friend to do some more trout fishing up in southern NYS. My son started it off with a nice brown. Then we got into some Walleye that had run into the stream to spawn apparently. (released)

At another spot we landed some more browns and lost quite a few others including a very large one. Kept 3 trout and let another 4 or 5 go to get bigger. Had a great time! Even found a shed antler, but I think he needs a couple more years...

Getting the gear ready for tomorrow, Youth Turkey Day. Looks like we are going to get wet. Have to come up with the master plan! Thanks for looking.

PS- can smell and hear the trout sizzling and popping as I am writing this. Thank you good wife!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome fish. Especially like the green background around your son. Don’t want to give that spot away.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixed blade View Post
    Awesome fish. Especially like the green background around your son. Don’t want to give that spot away.
    Thanks. Yeah, a lot of work was put in finding these spots and figuring out the best techniques to catch them. So, although I would share methods, I would rather not share the exact spots.

Here I thought you where just blocking out the sign that says welcome to the NYS fish hatchery. Breeding stock this way please. In all seriousness those are great fish. My Dad caught several browns that size in S Vermont back in his day and I remember the hard work it took him to find those areas and catch those fish. Congrats.
    Last edited by Fixed blade; 04-19-2019 at 08:58 PM.

You guys always get it done. Great fish. Thats a nice Walleye. If you dont mind? What did the walleye hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejd View Post
    You guys always get it done. Great fish. Thats a nice Walleye. If you dont mind? What did the walleye hit.
    ONe was on a 4 inch Chinese stickbait. Very much like a Rapala, but hurts less when you lose one. The other was on a silver and black 3" Rapala countdown lure, like the one in the pic.

All the fish were caught on stick baits from 3 to 5 inches in length.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    ONe was on a 4 inch Chinese stickbait. Very much like a Rapala, but hurts less when you lose one. The other was on a silver and black 3" Rapala countdown lure, like the one in the pic.

All the fish were caught on stick baits from 3 to 5 inches in length.
    Thanks, Those are two of my old failthfulls. I have a black and gold and a silver black in my bag at all times. I dont always use them as I usually start with spinners. But when I miss a fish I always throw a follow up cast with one of them and usually get a hit.