Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 7600 35 Whelen Carbine Stock Swap

I went the other way and picked up a take off synthetic non Monte Carlo stock and forearm for a 7600 carbine peep set up I have. It’s my foul weather gun, but the raised wooden stock isn’t the best with peeps or irons for me. Saw the set for $55 and jumped on it.

How do you like that stock Kingman?
    I've already told you more than I know.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    How do you like that stock Kingman?
    Ill tell you in a couple days. I grabbed it from eBay.

Im coming full circle as I had a synthetic on this gun a few years back. I had the Remington fore end which I liked better than wood to be honest, but an aftermarket stock. It had the low comb I liked, but the rest was junk and cheap feeling even for synthetic(which is cheap feeling in general). Was trying to find one of these take off sets from the special runs like Longbows and it surfaced last night. I’m really hesitant to use open sights anymore because of my eyes, but need something for when it’s pouring rain or snowing hard.

I need to shoot and stop fucking around with these things.

My 7600 scoped is getting the stock shortened.
    This 7600 is getting the plastic
    Both got new trigger springs
    Both need o rings inspected

Ruger American needs to be fired

Marlin .35 needs to be fired. Keeping that open sights I think.

No clue what I’ll hunt with at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    Ill tell you in a couple days. I grabbed it from eBay.

Im coming full circle as I had a synthetic on this gun a few years back. I had the Remington fore end which I liked better than wood to be honest, but an aftermarket stock. It had the low comb I liked, but the rest was junk and cheap feeling even for synthetic(which is cheap feeling in general). Was trying to find one of these take off sets from the special runs like Longbows and it surfaced last night. Iím really hesitant to use open sights anymore because of my eyes, but need something for when itís pouring rain or snowing hard.

I need to shoot and stop fucking around with these things.

My 7600 scoped is getting the stock shortened.
    This 7600 is getting the plastic
    Both got new trigger springs
    Both need o rings inspected

Ruger American needs to be fired

Marlin .35 needs to be fired. Keeping that open sights I think.

No clue what Iíll hunt with at this point.
    You have the same illness I had. Once you get to the point of total saturation you will stop. Although, there may be relapses from time to time.

Did you notice that the synthetic stocks section that goes into the metal receiver is longer than the wood? There is a little metal plate almost like a spacer that is used with the wood stock, that I think would need to be removed so the synthetic will fit flush.

Gotta order the longer bolt. Not sure how I feel about the length of pull being longer with the synthetic v. Wood too. One step forward, two steps back!

Called Remington. Sent out new hardware as a goodwill with no charge. That was nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    Did you notice that the synthetic stocks section that goes into the metal receiver is longer than the wood? There is a little metal plate almost like a spacer that is used with the wood stock, that I think would need to be removed so the synthetic will fit flush.

Gotta order the longer bolt. Not sure how I feel about the length of pull being longer with the synthetic v. Wood too. One step forward, two steps back!
    So the plate was what they call a bearing plate and is designed for the wood stocks only to prevent them from cracking with recoil. Synthetic stocks don’t use them. Bolt came, got everything installed. I like the lower comb. I don’t like it has a longer length of pull than the wood. With the peep sight it’s not as a big of a deal as with a scope, so I’ll live with it.

Glad you got it all together.