Thread: One step closer to Quebec outfitting camp..

Default One step closer to Quebec outfitting camp..

Got an offer yesterday...unlimited bear. Small game. Moose. Fishing negotiable. 2 camps. 50sq miles...5 year lease...just trying to figure out how to make it work between the family and job here, what a reasonable goal might be...so many factors..
    Ammonoosuc River Outfitters, Owner.
    Licensed New Hampshire Hunting Guide

Outfitter for
    theextremehunter.com/newhampshire

proud member of the "you can't eat the horn's" hunting club

" a man shouldn't have to work from sept. the first until dec 31"...Frank Patoine, my uncle

Hope it works out for you.
    I've already told you more than I know.

Good luck. 5 years is a longtime and a long commitment. How far is the land from home? How many weeks or weekends a year would you be up there scouting and guiding?

Sounds nice. Good luck. Hope you can make it work for you.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

And POOF. The dream is gone, for now. The guy I was going to be subleasing under, went on vacation. Came back to an email from current owner. He sold the place. No warning. No heads up that there was another potential buyer..

Outfitter for

" a man shouldn't have to work from sept. the first until dec 31"...Frank Patoine, my uncle

Wow nothing like the carpet being pulled out from under you! Thats crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by vtbuckrulrss View Post
    And POOF. The dream is gone, for now. The guy I was going to be subleasing under, went on vacation. Came back to an email from current owner. He sold the place. No warning. No heads up that there was another potential buyer..
    Probably a blessing in disguise . Better that it happened now rather then 3 years into a 5 year lease, you feeling like you're getting established, countless trips burning gas up there to have the same result. Hope you can find something else Pat.
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Maybe, Shaun. The good news, is the guy that I would be subleasing through, is still looking, and by all accounts, wants to keep me involved..

Outfitter for

Quote Originally Posted by vtbuckrulrss View Post
    Maybe, Shaun. The good news, is the guy that I would be subleasing through, is still looking, and by all accounts, wants to keep me involved..
    How confident are you this guy would have returned your sublease money had you already written a check?
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

I've talked with him at the shows in Essex now, for three or four years. Plus, online. And of course, hunted moose through him this past season. Mutual acquaintances all say, he is a stand up guy. No doubt in my mind, he would have returned any money sent..

Outfitter for