Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Cabelas going downhill????

I think we are just on the downhill side of the "hunter sales revolution", combined with online shopping. The retailers aren't going to carry that much only to be forced into selling it in 6 months for 50% off.
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

I think the BPS merger has hurt them. It seems like I can hardly get any Cabelas branded gear on the web anymore. However, I love the lifetime warranty. Lots of people complain about LLBean killing theirs, but Cabelas still stands by it. I'm having zipper issues on my 5yr old portable fishing shanty. I talked to them and they offered to give me a full refund. They've stood by every cabelas item I've had any issues with, but I was suprised that they'd be willing to just swap out a $300 tent because the zippers arent' working.

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    I think the BPS merger has hurt them. It seems like I can hardly get any Cabelas branded gear on the web anymore. However, I love the lifetime warranty. Lots of people complain about LLBean killing theirs, but Cabelas still stands by it. I'm having zipper issues on my 5yr old portable fishing shanty. I talked to them and they offered to give me a full refund. They've stood by every cabelas item I've had any issues with, but I was suprised that they'd be willing to just swap out a $300 tent because the zippers arent' working.
    When I have a zipper that opens up after I start to zip it up, I've been able to fix it by taking a pair of pliers and gently squeezing the opening together a little where the .5 inch or so solid piece goes into the part that connects the two pieces when you pull it up. So far this has worked for me on several jackets, but I haven't tried it on anything else. I figured I had nothing to lose if I messed up as the zipper didn't work anyway.

Don't know what I'm going to so now that BP bought out Cabelas. I WILL NOT buy a single thing from (BP) bought a pair of boots from them life time warranty. They started to leak like a sieve contacted BP in MO., here is what they told me. Yes we have a life time warranty on those boots, but you will have to send these boots back to Japan (China) on your dime and they will send you a new pair!!!!!! FU Bass Pro !!!!!!!!
    my camp my rules