Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Moose Lottery Application is Open!

There has been a constant barrage on Maine's moose permits to siphon them off to specific groups. My problem is what do any of them have to do with management. Today there are permits for sporting camps and disabled veterans. There is a special Aroostook County hunt that already has permits allocated only to disabled vets. Now there is another bill to increase those. Aren't there enough veterans issues that we shouldn't have to worry about moose permits. All of these permits get taken away from the average Joe.

If a Maine moose hunt was worth $15-$30K then why were those sporting camps already charging that.

But you can all rest easy tonight as Maine's Democratic led legislature has resolved those urgent flag and chickadee issues. JFC!!!!!!
    I've already told you more than I know.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    There has been a constant barrage on Maine's moose permits to siphon them off to specific groups. My problem is what do any of them have to do with management. Today there are permits for sporting camps and disabled veterans. There is a special Aroostook County hunt that already has permits allocated only to disabled vets. Now there is another bill to increase those. Aren't there enough veterans issues that we shouldn't have to worry about moose permits. All of these permits get taken away from the average Joe.

If a Maine moose hunt was worth $15-$30K then why were those sporting camps already charging that.

But you can all rest easy tonight as Maine's Democratic led legislature has resolved those urgent flag and chickadee issues. JFC!!!!!!
    Agree 100%.

Kick up your feet, because I just heard the NMWs fee went up again too!

I guess I look at the fees differently. They are the same for everyone and not necessarily different if you are a red head, blond, or have one eyebrow. They also don’t charge me more to give to a for profit business or tell me I can only hunt there on Tuesday because an outfitter or lodge is there the rest of the time

I guess I look at the fees differently. They are the same for everyone and not necessarily different if you are a red head, blond, or have one eyebrow. They also don’t charge me more to give to a for profit business or tell me I can only hunt there on Tuesday because an outfitter or lodge is there the rest of the time
    I wouldn't be surprised if it came to that.

IF&W is recommending an increase for 2019. I think I heard about 11%.

Yes, I think I heard somewhere around 2800 tags total. Increase will be in Zs 1-6 I believe. But my wife tells me I’m wrong alot

Has anyone seen if they finalized the totals?
    2800 would be nice, but better would be adding an additional week.
    If they pour those extra 300 permits into zones 1-6, woods are going to get crowded.

With all these extra permits I hope this is my year to draw, been a while...

I believe they are proposing 2840. I agree with medrhunter. But I think moose season should go through rifle season on deer. Afterall, it’s a limited tag hunt.