Thread: WTB Take Down Recurve Bow

Default WTB Take Down Recurve Bow

Anyone have one lying around? Bear would be nice. 50+ pounds. Right hand. Thanks.

Nobody has an old Bear Takedown bow lying around for cash?

I had one back in 1975....stood it up in a corner and the lams came apart. I'm sure I burnt it in the wood stove.

Roger-

Quote Originally Posted by Grandkid View Post
    I had one back in 1975....stood it up in a corner and the lams came apart. I'm sure I burnt it in the wood stove.

Roger-
    I just got a new one in the mail today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice! Love the riser grain. We need some more details. What pound? Wood arrows? Finger glove or tab? Fixed blade? Old school LB. It brings back some good memories.

Roger-

55#, shoot wood and carbon sometimes.

Use a glove and either Bear Razorheads or Muzzy 125 3 blades.

In the past I have hunted with a Zipper longbow or my own made hickory longbows. Also, have hunted with many other types of longbows and recurves.

I added pics of my Zipper longbow 54# and a buck taken with my hickory longbow which pulls 75#,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quite an accomplishment to not only make your longbow but to also take a great buck with it as well. Simply awesome. I might add nice detailing and quiver to boot.

Roger-

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    55#, shoot wood and carbon sometimes.

Use a glove and either Bear Razorheads or Muzzy 125 3 blades.

In the past I have hunted with a Zipper longbow or my own made hickory longbows. Also, have hunted with many other types of longbows and recurves.

I added pics of my Zipper longbow 54# and a buck taken with my hickory longbow which pulls 75#,
    That’s getting back to basics LB... nice bows! My first one was a bear grizzly back in the day. I got one doe with that and missed a few others. Then one day I was walking through a local mall and entered a free drawing for a Robin Hood compound bow and I won it! That was the first compound I ever saw and it was simple and didn’t have much let off but it was free!

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    That’s getting back to basics LB... nice bows! My first one was a bear grizzly back in the day. I got one doe with that and missed a few others. Then one day I was walking through a local mall and entered a free drawing for a Robin Hood compound bow and I won it! That was the first compound I ever saw and it was simple and didn’t have much let off but it was free!
    Thank you. I had a Robin Hood, Little John, compound when I was 17.