Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engraving On A 7600

Default Engraving On A 7600

I have seen a few different engravings on 7600's .

The one i have seen the most of has a deer scene on the right and a bear scene on the left.
    All of these have been 7600's with 22 inch and 23 inch barrels. I have never seen an engraved carbine come up for sale
    There have been a couple that had the barrels cut , but none that were original stock carbines.

I have seen a couple that were special edition Buckmasters engraving

Then there are Remingtons 50,100 , 150 and the newest the 200 year anniversary special addition.
    On Gunbroker they cant even give away those 200 year specials . I have never seen a bid on any of them.

But here is one I have never seen before until today.
    It only has engraving on one side. A deer scene with a buck and doe running through the woods .
    It doesn't really look like engraving. It looks more like its compressed into the receiver.

I have no interest in buying this gun so go right ahead and bid if want to
    I just thought it was interesting to see a different version

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796145094

Was in my book. Great book, hard to find.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by longbow; 01-12-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Whats hard to find , the book or the gun ? LOL

I've never seen a 760 or 7600 with the engraving on the cover of the book either !

So that is another Grice special. Sounds like they have been having special additions forever.

I have seen them before down this way with the regular deer/bear scene on blued receiver, not a lot compared to other models. This past year there were two at different shops in carbines, and the one had been there well over a year but sold recently in Dec. Always wanted to add one to the collection but whenever I seem to come across them they are never in decent shape compared to others. The one on the left in Longbow catalog pic I have only ever seen in full length barrel

Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    Whats hard to find , the book or the gun ? LOL

I've never seen a 760 or 7600 with the engraving on the cover of the book either !

So that is another Grice special. Sounds like they have been having special additions forever.
    The book is hard to find. Paid 100 for it 5 years ago. Many going for several hundred. On the cover are first production rifles, F Grade, presented to C.K. Davis, president of Remington Arms.

Yeah, Grice has had a lot of special additions.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    I have seen a few different engravings on 7600's .

The one i have seen the most of has a deer scene on the right and a bear scene on the left.
    All of these have been 7600's with 22 inch and 23 inch barrels. I have never seen an engraved carbine come up for sale
    There have been a couple that had the barrels cut , but none that were original stock carbines.
    I have an engraved 7600 carbine I bought new at a local gun shop in 2001. Haven’t seen another like it but assumed they weren’t all that uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by 802-603hunter View Post
    I have an engraved 7600 carbine I bought new at a local gun shop in 2001. Havenít seen another like it but assumed they werenít all that uncommon.
    Me too in 2001!!!! Same as, go figure!!!! Well 30/06, now are we same as????

Quote Originally Posted by Bill/NH View Post
    Yup, oh-six for me too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill/NH View Post
    Me three!!!...same exact rifle...pretty sure it was 2001 as well.
    To visit VBBC website simply copy and paste the following link into your search; www.vtbiggestbucks.com/

Three people have beautiful engraved 7600s and I have yet to see a picture.