Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schrade Deerslayer Knife

Default Schrade Deerslayer Knife

I just can't believe what you can get for $19.99. I bought two. Nice rugged sheath and razor sharp. The 5.5 inch blade is just right for me, for gutting and skinning. Actually tried it out on two deer over the last two days. Of course, made in China. The old USA ones go for 100 or more used. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Same thing with Gerber, you can get a China made Gerber with a razor sharp factory edge for $20 or less. May be a lower grade steel, but not bad for a sharp knife.
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."

I just gave my nephew an older Schrade sharp finger with a carbon steel blade made in the U.S.A.
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

Santa was really good to me this year and brought me a Benchmade Hidden Canyon. Its a sweet little fixed blade hunter/skinner

Quote Originally Posted by Meatseeker View Post
    Santa was really good to me this year and brought me a Benchmade Hidden Canyon. Its a sweet little fixed blade hunter/skinner
    Oh awesome, I love those! A buddy of mine got the Benchmade Saddle Mountain Skinner based on my recommendation and he loves it. You’re a lucky guy, Santa must not have been paying attention this year and you made the NICE list!

Anyone have a Worksharp Ken Onion addition? Just ordered one. Hope to have some sharper knives soon. https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-Kn.../dp/B07CW4T6RS

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Anyone have a Worksharp Ken Onion addition? Just ordered one. Hope to have some sharper knives soon. https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-Kn.../dp/B07CW4T6RS
    I’ve been eyeing one of those for awhile. From what I have read you need to be really careful with the tip of the blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Escout711 View Post
    I’ve been eyeing one of those for awhile. From what I have read you need to be really careful with the tip of the blade.
    Yes, I watched some Youtube videos on it, most say it works really well.

I have always loved the Sharpfinger design. There is a knifemaker named Ryan weeks that makes a sharpfinger model. I was on his waiting list for about a year and a half to get one. When he finally got to me i was not in the place to drop over 400$ on a Knife. I regret that now as I really wanted it.

I can imagine that you could over sharpen the knife and wear down the blade very quickly. Let us know how well it works.

Roger-