Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Marlin 336SC .35 Remington

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    I saw that in my searches, but I don’t understand how that can work effectively in a natural position? Wouldn’t you need more eye relief than a shotgun scope? I see even more forward mounts on those guide guns and don’t understand it.

I would likely put 20mm max 4 power on it if I go the scope route, but will likely just open sights.
    Never had anything to do with a scope , but wouldn't the 5" of eye relief that the FX-II Ultralight 2.5x20mm has be enough for this set up to work ?

Why wouldn't you just mount it like this? That's a Weaver rail and Leupold PRW Low rings. I like the Prw's because they have 2 screws per side. Leupold VX3 1.5-5.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by longbow; Yesterday at 09:19 PM.

Sure or another option is one-piece Talley LWs or similar make and orient them in configuration that works best since they can be reversed based on scope fitment and desired distance. My older 336 has like above and 336XLR went w/ Talley LWs. Same for BLR and got them to work with and without spur. I like the lows, however get why some go for a little extra thumb/glove clearance w/ medium height. Whether 336 or BLR, I prefer the spur.
    "Say when."

FWIW I do not plan on putting a scope on this, but if I did it came with two piece bases on the rifle, which I would then install the Burris low zee rings and a Leupold vx-freedom 1.5-4x20mm. The hammer spur will make it so I’m not restricted to where I can mount the scope to get the best fit for me. Will be able to use gloves if needed and not think about where I’m trying to get to the hammer.

The difference between low and medium rings is only about 1/8 inch. It won't make much difference with the sight picture.
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

I have the ashley performance set up on my 336 with the FX 2.5 ultralight. The eye relief works just fine. I really like the set up.

Neat hearing various options & roger your plan, that’s an awesome setup KC w/ unique spur indeed!
    "Say when."

I have a Leupold 2.5 ultralight I'd let go at a good price. Only used 1 season.
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com