Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlin 336SC .35 Remington

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    The Hornady. Thoughts?
    I got a box of corelokts locally too.
    I’m not that experienced with different brands to be perfectly honest. Reading up on bullet performance is confusing. Some say the hornady at close range isn’t ideal, then the next 10 guys say it’s great.
    I have the same exact rifle. Same year, everything. Mine was really accurate with core-lokts but I've had several that failed to fire. I picked up a box of the Hornady ammo but the gun didn't like it. I had jamming issues. I believe these older guns have a flat follower in the feed tube. The gummy tip can slide over to the side and cause issues. You can buy a concave follower that keeps the bullet in place. That is what the newer Marlin's have.

I ended up settling on Federal Power Shok 200gr ammo. I've probably shot 80 rounds of this ammo and I have never had a jam or misfire.
    Born to hunt, forced to work.

Nice

Both of my Marlin levers cloverleaf 200 gr. Corelokts. But they also did the same with Power Shok and Winchester ammo.

Matt used 200 gr. LEVERevoltion this year and was impressed with performance on his deer. His is a 760 however.
    Last edited by JDK; 01-11-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    I've already told you more than I know.

I'm sure you also know this but the bulls eye is Marlin's trademark and not where the stud is supposed to go.
    Last edited by JDK; 01-11-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Good info guys. It will likely be spring by the time I get to a comfortable place to shoot this and my new ruger.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    I'm sure you also know this but the bulls eye is Marlin's trademark and not with the stud is supposed to go.
    I didn’t until recently. I think an owner at one time took out the original and installed the stud there as it’s fairly forward? The gun came without the stud and I had no intention of putting one in, so it was either use a bullseye or some filler which I did research on. The bullseye won out. All those older stocks had them, right? So the location should be accurate, not that it really matters to me much.

Good info guys. It will likely be spring by the time I get to a comfortable place to shoot this and my new ruger.
    You don’t shoot off your back deck like everybody else?

I had no idea about that trademark. I wondered about that because itís right near where the swivel stud would go, I thought they were marking the spot or something.

I didn’t until recently. I think an owner at one time took out the original and installed the stud there as it’s fairly forward? The gun came without the stud and I had no intention of putting one in, so it was either use a bullseye or some filler which I did research on. The bullseye won out. All those older stocks had them, right? So the location should be accurate, not that it really matters to me much.
    Yes, all of the older ones do (did). The new ones do not.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    You don’t shoot off your back deck like everybody else?

Not here!! I’m sorta, find an old gravel pit off a logging road guy. I do have a table, chair, and formal rest as I graduated from the hood of the truck years ago.

I didnt know about the trademark until about Monday until I started researching the bullseye. Said it was an indicator for a consumer at a gun shop to quickly determine the Marlins when they were in a rack with the underneath of the butt facing you. Really good advertising if you think about it.

Factory studs and trademarks.
    Attached Images Attached Images