Thread: Planning now for 2019 out of state hunt

Default Planning now for 2019 out of state hunt

Anyone hunt North Carolina?
    Just booked myself and four others for a trip in mid October with Outback Trophy Outfitters. Looks like nice bucks and lots of deer. Any experience with them?
    A few years ago went with Outback outfitters. Shot a few small ones.
    All of these guys seem to book up fast.

Some years ago I hunted No.Carolina at Occoneechee Hunting Lodge near roanoke rapids. Never heard of outback outfitters but I would imagine they are all about the same. I went 2 years in a row, first year, 4 deer in 3 days, 1 decent 8point, the next year..0..alot has to do with the weather and if you've picked a time at or near the rut. When I went it was muzzleloader in oct so no rut was on, just normal feeding activity..I wish you luck..

Quote Originally Posted by JJM6 View Post
    Anyone hunt North Carolina?
    Just booked myself and four others for a trip in mid October with Outback Trophy Outfitters. Looks like nice bucks and lots of deer. Any experience with them?
    A few years ago went with Outback outfitters. Shot a few small ones.
    All of these guys seem to book up fast.
    Sooo you have hunted with them before or no ? You mention two "Outback" outfitters. Never heard of them before, what area or town are they located ? Hunted the week after thanksgiving this past year in NC, definitely different style of hunting.

My bad. We're hunting with Backwoods Trophy Outfitters. First week of Rifle, Oct 13th-17th. Likely going to be warm and before the rut. They are in Hertford County. My last NC trip with Outback Outfitters was south east in Washington County. It was the week of Holloween and there were lots of deer.

Quote Originally Posted by JJM6 View Post
    My bad. We're hunting with Backwoods Trophy Outfitters. First week of Rifle, Oct 13th-17th. Likely going to be warm and before the rut. They are in Hertford County. My last NC trip with Outback Outfitters was south east in Washington County. It was the week of Holloween and there were lots of deer.
    Ok, never heard of the Outback one before.

I grew up hunting NC. I have no experience with outfitters, but there are a lot of deer in the Eastern 1/2 of the state, and pockets of big deer sprinkled throughout the state. Are you going after quality or quantity? If you are in eastern NC, don't expect to shoot anything heavy...A "big" buck may go 180 lbs live weight...200 if you're really fortunate. Western NC has the bigger bodied animals, but are fewer in number.

Both