Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin Inreach Explorer

Why don’t they just put a couple damn towers up in northern Maine and then we could forget all this crap! LOL

Im planning on the Inreach Explorer. $400sh for unit. $35 a month for the months Iím going to have it active.

Likely too expensive for me to do it for just deer hunting, but 3-4 months of snowmobiling I could justify it.

This past weekend up here a kid needed the life flight for a snowmobile accident and my friend ride up on a guy that had been hit and couldnít walk which appeared to be a broken hip. This was up near Pittston farm and he was just rolling around in the snow.

I got a new laptop and was having issues installing my Garmin Mapquest software for my GPS. Called Garmin tech support, and after a bunch of "you need this, that, and the other", I was eventually told that they didn't support my unit anymore (extrex vista hcx) and could not unlock my maps. I was pissed and let Garmin know that. Anyway, they offered me a 35% discount on any new unit, but I needed to buy it from them and send in my old GPS.

An hour later and I had figured it out myself and got everything uploaded on my new computer, and now good to go. At Garmin's price, the Inreach Explorer is $449, so that's just under $300 with my discount, but I really don't want to send in my old unit, as it works great.

Got to think on this, cause the Inreach probably the way to go, in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post

Got to think on this, cause the Inreach probably the way to go, in the long run.
    Unless some new technology or a tower gives you service on your phone next year. It's getting a little better every year by us. Seems to be more spots where you can get a text out.
    Last edited by longbow; 01-01-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    I got a new laptop and was having issues installing my Garmin Mapquest software for my GPS. Called Garmin tech support, and after a bunch of "you need this, that, and the other", I was eventually told that they didn't support my unit anymore (extrex vista hcx) and could not unlock my maps. I was pissed and let Garmin know that. Anyway, they offered me a 35% discount on any new unit, but I needed to buy it from them and send in my old GPS.

An hour later and I had figured it out myself and got everything uploaded on my new computer, and now good to go. At Garmin's price, the Inreach Explorer is $449, so that's just under $300 with my discount, but I really don't want to send in my old unit, as it works great.

Buy a cheap broken one on ebay and send that unit to them...
    That's how you do it...