Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O Ring

I'm pretty sure you want a 5mm punch. That's what I used and it fit snug, which is what you want. With the red loctite, you need the heat to break it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMaine View Post
    What's it look like? Is it something that one could make fairly easily?

Looking for it as I type here.

https://m.bonanza.com/listings/remin...iABEgJ-__D_BwE

Skilled hands could make one but it would take some time and good machining.
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

F that, I'll use my 03 Springfield next year. No rattles or O rings. My first rifle and the only one I ever needed...

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
    https://m.bonanza.com/listings/remin...iABEgJ-__D_BwE

Skilled hands could make one but it would take some time and good machining.
    I was picturing more of a spanner wrench.

Amazon has the o rings as well in packs of 3 or 4. Price works out to $3 or $4 a price. Looks like those Home Depot ones are the best option.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    I'm pretty sure you want a 5mm punch. That's what I used and it fit snug, which is what you want. With the red loctite, you need the heat to break it.
    Finding a proper fitting punch was a PITA. I snapped one punch and one screw driver. Luckily I had a hardened torx set that fit fairly well. I got the job done though ordered a tool for the job this evening. According to Loc-Tite 550 degrees Fahrenheit is needed to free red loc-tite.
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

Never had to take my 7600 apart. Just wondering if taking the fore stock off lets you get access to the o ring ?
    Fly and light tackle fishing with Captain Steve Burnett....
    www.fishwatchhill.com

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorsman View Post
    Finding a proper fitting punch was a PITA. I snapped one punch and one screw driver. Luckily I had a hardened torx set that fit fairly well. I got the job done though ordered a tool for the job this evening. According to Loc-Tite 550 degrees Fahrenheit is needed to free red loc-tite.
    5mm seemed pretty easy to find on Amazon. That's probably what I'll do if/when I need to take it apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
    Never had to take my 7600 apart. Just wondering if taking the fore stock off lets you get access to the o ring ?
    No, you need to unscrew the action tube from the receiver with is the PITA part being discussed here. You remove the forend, then use a punch through the holes in the action tube to unscrew the tube from the bolt in the receiver. Then you pull the barrel/action tube/slide tube off and you can pull the slide tube off the action tube to replace the o-ring. A few videos were posted regarding the teardown.

I've switched all my safeties out to be left-hand as well. On the second gun, that damn little spring went flying into the air, and I figured it was lost forever, until I heard it plop in the dogs water bowl. What luck!!