Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O Ring

Default O Ring

Just curious-do any of you hunt without an O Ring on the action tube? I have gone through 3 O rings (one was my fault installing) over the last two seasons. I understand the action is a bit noisier without it, but the action moves much more freely. Just wondering!

When mine broke, I used it for the rest of the season with the lose action, but ended up replacing the o-ring during the winter. This was 4 years ago and so far I haven't needed to replace it since. Do you think you have a slight burr on the slide that causing the o-ring to come out of it's seat and break?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    When mine broke, I used it for the rest of the season with the lose action, but ended up replacing the o-ring during the winter. This was 4 years ago and so far I haven't needed to replace it since. Do you think you have a slight burr on the slide that causing the o-ring to come out of it's seat and break?
    It's possible I guess. I already took it apart to clean it for the season. That is whey I noticed the remnants of the old O Ring. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but I guess I also didn't look all that hard. I will buy some new O'rings and keep some handy for next year i guess!

Are those o-rings typically lubed? I'm thinking something like a faucet grease or the like.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMaine View Post
    Are those o-rings typically lubed? I'm thinking something like a faucet grease or the like.
    I have never put anything on mine...Don't think it calls for it but maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainewoods View Post
    I never had my rifle apart. My forearm is kind of loose makes lotta noise. The noise is when you were carrying it and moving it from hand to hand etc. it rattles a little bit, kind of annoying. most of mine do that but this one is especially bad. would that have something to do with the O ring or not?

My recycled carbine is going to need an O ring. What size are you using?
    I've already told you more than I know.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    I never had my rifle apart. My forearm is kind of loose makes lotta noise. The noise is when you were carrying it and moving it from hand to hand etc. it rattles a little bit, kind of annoying. most of mine do that but this one is especially bad. would that have something to do with the O ring or not?
    I think so yes.

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    My recycled carbine is going to need an O ring. What size are you using?
    I did a search to see what others have used for aftermarket o-rings. Turns out a Danco #40 (carried at most hardware stores and large box stores) is the correct size.
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Sounds like the o-ring is gone, so there's no resistance and what causes the rattling. I've got an old post somewhere where I take my 7600 apart and replace the ring. Here's the post http://www.huntingchat.net/forum/sho...7600-breakdown