Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Wool Jacket

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    235

    Default

    That would be nice. I assume that’s kind of part of the reasoning behind the BWB double thickness there.

    I usually just brush it off and break off some boughs to sit on. Keeps my butt dry and helps cover scent.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NJ/NY
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    It is funny you say that. Several years ago I was at the Factory store in Bangor and they had the lined jac shirts. I want to say they were in the $60 range. I tried them on and they did not fit me very well. Seemed like a very odd cut to the chest area.

    edit

    I am wrong, It was the Maine Guide Parka.
    That's probably because it was made by a little Chinese fella. Different build then us. Since you can barely find anything in LLB made here anymore. That's why I stoped buying from them. Makes me sick when every item in the catalog says imported except a tote bag.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikejd View Post
    That's probably because it was made by a little Chinese fella. Different build then us. Since you can barely find anything in LLB made here anymore. That's why I stoped buying from them. Makes me sick when every item in the catalog says imported except a tote bag.
    Yes, but there's a flip side to that. You can spend your money with Johnson Wool made in USA, but she doesn't give a damn about hunters, matter a fact I'm quite certain she can't stand us.
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NJ/NY
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    Yes, but there's a flip side to that. You can spend your money with Johnson Wool made in USA, but she doesn't give a damn about hunters, matter a fact I'm quite certain she can't stand us.
    Is that right? Why do you think that? Just asking.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cape Cod
    Posts
    2,042

    Default

    Back just before christmas of 2001, my dad bought me a Johnson jac-shirt in green plaid as a welcome home gift after my Alaska adventures. It was a xl tall and the sizing was way small for some reason, but Johnson would not take it back since it was bought over a month before, even though it was still new. I wish it had fit me, because it's a great weight for the kind of hunting I do, and it's still in good shape and getting recycled around the family of new and upcoming hunters.

    That kind of soured me on Johnson at the time. My current LLbean jac-shirt and cabelas wool cargo pants, are both probably made in southeast asia somewhere, but I don't care, they are over 10 years old and still going strong. I also invested a lot of money in the Benoit Beagle jacket and tracker pants, but that stuff is twice the weight and does not see much use.
    Last edited by Mainewoods; Yesterday at 10:40 AM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Warren, MA
    Posts
    14,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post

    On my bean guide wool pants the crotch area wore thin to the point you could see through it. So I hand sewed a fleece patch on the inside. It got me thinking, why hasnt all these guys that design wool pants have a water proof soft liner just in the ass area? How nice would that be to sit on a frozen snow covered stump and have a dry ass? Of course keeping it quiet would be important.
    That was kind of where I was going with idea of sewing neoprene on the ass and knees comment I made earlier

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Windham, ME - Hunt well north of here!
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeerMeadowFarm View Post
    That was kind of where I was going with idea of sewing neoprene on the ass and knees comment I made earlier
    I missed that, good idea. I’ve been carrying this little nylon type pad with fleece on one side rolled up in my pack. I think it was a gun cleaning pad or something. It works good for a few minutes here and there when I dont leave it frozen to a stump and remember I left it there the next time I try and sit down.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikejd View Post
    Is that right? Why do you think that? Just asking.
    I tried to return two pairs of Johnson pants after 3/4 of a hunting season. One was mine, the other my best friends. We bought them in Oct., by week 3 of the rifle season both pairs were worn out from the bottom of the zipper to the backside of my taint. Just simply from walking miles in them. No abuse, not wearing them to work in, fish in...... Just everyday still hunting covering miles.

    I spoke with the owner directly after they had them for two weeks. She told me the pants were "disgusting" and how dare it send them not dry cleaned, and there was no way she would even prorate them. I explained at that point if this was the product they were going to continue to put out to hunters, they'd be losing business with Beagle being out there, and Hal talking up the Filson brand. She didn't care. Johnson wool caters to people who want to where a plaid jacket to go cut down a xmas tree, or maybe cross country ski once a year in their wool pants. Her and I had a long talk about how hunters were their bread and butter, and if she refuses to stand behind her product, there's many other players in town that I'll gladly give my money to instead. She didn't give a damn...... and said so. F -her!!!!!!

    I even gave them a second chance when I was looking at their wool backpacks. I spoke with the "supervising seamstress" and she was a bitch as well. I won't buy a dog bed from those jackass' ever again. Just the fact they have brought the price of their pants up to 229.00 speaks volumes. They are just charging what predator wear does, or what beaglewear was able to get for their pants. I've had a pair of beagle wear pants since 2009. I sent them back to have the crotch reworked before they closed, and still don't have any holes in them. They were used every day this year that I was out, which was 120 hours.
    "The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    NJ/NY
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    I tried to return two pairs of Johnson pants after 3/4 of a hunting season. One was mine, the other my best friends. We bought them in Oct., by week 3 of the rifle season both pairs were worn out from the bottom of the zipper to the backside of my taint. Just simply from walking miles in them. No abuse, not wearing them to work in, fish in...... Just everyday still hunting covering miles.

    I spoke with the owner directly after they had them for two weeks. She told me the pants were "disgusting" and how dare it send them not dry cleaned, and there was no way she would even prorate them. I explained at that point if this was the product they were going to continue to put out to hunters, they'd be losing business with Beagle being out there, and Hal talking up the Filson brand. She didn't care. Johnson wool caters to people who want to where a plaid jacket to go cut down a xmas tree, or maybe cross country ski once a year in their wool pants. Her and I had a long talk about how hunters were their bread and butter, and if she refuses to stand behind her product, there's many other players in town that I'll gladly give my money to instead. She didn't give a damn...... and said so. F -her!!!!!!

    I even gave them a second chance when I was looking at their wool backpacks. I spoke with the "supervising seamstress" and she was a bitch as well. I won't buy a dog bed from those jackass' ever again. Just the fact they have brought the price of their pants up to 229.00 speaks volumes. They are just charging what predator wear does, or what beaglewear was able to get for their pants. I've had a pair of beagle wear pants since 2009. I sent them back to have the crotch reworked before they closed, and still don't have any holes in them. They were used every day this year that I was out, which was 120 hours.
    That's good enough for me. I don't blame you at all.
    Hal is now using silent Predator and they seam to be nice. I am looking at there apex parka.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    North Jersey Woods ( NJW)
    Posts
    4,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    I She told me the pants were "disgusting" and how dare it send them not dry cleaned,
    That's hilarious! At least you have the satisfaction of knowing that she got a good whiff of your "taint". lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •