Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NorthMaine's Week 3 Report

Quote Originally Posted by NorthMaine View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it. It may be a struggle to convince the wife at another attempt for a boy haha.
    We had two girls and then were about done, but had a boy surprise us a few years later.

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    We had two girls and then were about done, but had a boy surprise us a few years later.
    Ya, we'll see I guess. We are only 28 so.

Good report, I almost always hunt with my dad and we always have a good time even without getting deer. My dad also got his only 200 pound buck 20 years ago, a 210 pound 8 pointer.

Just reading this again. You have a great thing being able to hunt with your dad. Cherish it.

This was a well written journal of a great week in the northern woods. You experienced more snow than we did in Upstate NY but this major difference on state land and Northern Maine state land is the number of hunters.....that is what the North Country gives you. Sounds like a great week with your Dad too. Those are days you’ll not ever forget. Thanks for bringing us along on the trip and the pics that captured the moments.
    Life is short. Choose the mountains you are willing to die on carefully.

Good luck on the trail!

Thanks for taking the time to read it and all the replies. Honestly, writing these memories is great because you get to relive them again as you write them down. I’m already looking forward to next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Turningleaf View Post
    This was a well written journal of a great week in the northern woods. You experienced more snow than we did in Upstate NY but this major difference on state land and Northern Maine state land is the number of hunters.....that is what the North Country gives you. Sounds like a great week with your Dad too. Those are days youíll not ever forget. Thanks for bringing us along on the trip and the pics that captured the moments.
    Where do you hunt in NY? A work budy of mine is part of a hunting camp in Denning. He got a real nice 8 point up there this year. He says the camp hasnít shot a buck like that since like 1981 or something crazy. He says itís a once in a lifetime buck for that area. Only weighed 130 though. Blows my mind how much lighter those deer at than ours here in Maine.

C8D08CD9-4CCF-43A5-AADE-E948ABD8AC45.jpeg66D74DD3-53E5-48AA-8BCE-B8CDC09322CF.jpeg