Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Trap Line and Outdoor Pursuits

I enjoyed your hunting adventures, and photo's, thank you.
    my camp my rules

I was asked to help out with a road flooding issue where previous attempts with water flow devices failed. I set 3 traps in a main channel yesterday and arrived to two trapped beaver this morning. The dirt road wasnít plowed and the wet snow sure did push my truck around.

The pelts are perfect though Iím hoping I was successful at catching all culprits in one night.

901C11A9-DC14-467A-87E2-1597EFBA122D.jpeg
    Leave my rifle, my fishing pole, my traps, and leave me be.

To my surprise I had another beaver this morning. I spent my evening skinning, fleshing, and stretching, today’s beaver along with one of yesterday’s.

F97F7DB3-4A97-4F85-B83A-A617DB3FEA1E.jpeg

Nice work Outdoorsman. Did those beaver have a lodge or were they living in a bank hole?

Quote Originally Posted by NH Mountains View Post
    Nice work Outdoorsman. Did those beaver have a lodge or were they living in a bank hole?
    They had a small lodge up against a fair sized boulder. The runs were iced over this morning and the traps were empty. I pulled one trap this morning and plan on pulling the other two tomorrow.

E9C8388E-ACD2-46F1-8F3F-EDFF956FCED2.jpeg

I finished the beaver issue with a total of three removed.

The last few days Iíve been recording images of two coyotes passing by my tree stand. I decided I would experiment with two hay sets.

The next few days should be interesting.

01F9A175-041E-46E4-9199-22D935CD86A6.jpeg

Good luck! I’d like to trap the coyotes in my back woods but don’t know how to go about it without endangering my dog.
    Sure as hell she would find them and get caught.

I took a stand this evening at my familiar place around 3:15 after letting it sit for 3 weeks. It wasnít long until I heard a deer coming at 4:05. Turned out to be two this years deer and a doe. The younger deer where nearly the size of the doe and trailing her. The three line up and headed straight for my best shooting lane at 20 yards. Before they got there they hung up behind a group of oaks while I turned on the sight and prepared for the shot. The lead deer entered the lane and I bleated to stop it, which it stopped.

I lined up the dot but didnít move the safety during set up. With the deer looking straight at me I then had to move the safety off. That definitely was a rookie mistake. Luckily the deer didnít move and I took my shot.

I heard a solid hit and watched the deer run off with what appeared to be a shoulder hit in the direction it was headed to begin with. At that point ďut oh...Ē was going through my mind.

The other two ran the same direction as I climbed down. I went to the impact site to find no blood and no blood trail. Not good at all. I waited 5 minutes and began slowly walking the deer trail with positive thoughts. After all I was shooting a crossbow.

100 yards later I walked up on the downed deer and learned they had switched positions while hidden. I figure he ways 75 pounds dressed. Iíll find out in the morning.

It is my first deer with a crossbow.

50A610B5-9C83-4A40-98BB-4F9BFAE41E10.jpeg

B0280B6C-5D8B-40A2-B670-289F26C384EC.jpeg

Congrats! I have yet to christen my crossbow...

Quote Originally Posted by mowbizz View Post
    Congrats! I have yet to christen my crossbow...
    Thank you. With these new rules in place I see myself buying my archery license annually from here on out I’m not sure how much September hunting I’ll do though October is a different story. Late season in December will be fun as well.
    Last edited by outdoorsman; 12-08-2018 at 05:47 PM.