Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Thread for ME bucks we didnít shoot, but someone else did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingman Cruncher View Post
    Attachment 21478

Maine buck. Kids from Bangor. No other details.
    I was going to post this today. Unreal!

That is one funky rack. Congrats to him.
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Are these the deer yard bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by longbow View Post
    Are these the deer yard bucks?

Not sure, but these are the American bucks you and I hunt that left early this year for Armstrong Canada....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another Armstrong buck sent from our friends to the north.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very impressive bucks, for sure

Another Armstrong buck sent from our friends to the north.
    So...these bucks migrate to Armstrong why? Pushed by Maine hunters or natural migration?

Seems like the Canadians know where to lie in wait...doesn’t seem right.

Natural migration to a large deer yard. It’s pretty impressive in the winter and spring seeing hundreds of deer.
    It’s pretty much all down hill from Maine, farm land, manicured conifer forest, packed trails, etc.

Its no secret to why the Benoit’s historically and lots of guys nowadays head up to the bordering us neighbor townships. Once the snow starts, the deer start as they travel great distances. Older studies showed Maine deer would travel up to 60 miles to get there. If you look at the Maine deer harvest maps it’s nonsecret where the deer travel. There are typically 50-60 reported kills on the harvest map by 3-4 townships annually. Then you look at some of the other townships, 2 deer, 1 deer, etc.

My friend from across the border said one year they identified a collared deer from NY state in the Quebec yard.

Natural migration to a large deer yard. It’s pretty impressive in the winter and spring seeing hundreds of deer.
    It’s pretty much all down hill from Maine, farm land, manicured conifer forest, packed trails, etc.

Its no secret to why the Benoit’s historically and lots of guys nowadays head up to the bordering us neighbor townships. Once the snow starts, the deer start as they travel great distances. Older studies showed Maine deer would travel up to 60 miles to get there. If you look at the Maine deer harvest maps it’s nonsecret where the deer travel. There are typically 50-60 reported kills on the harvest map by 3-4 townships annually. Then you look at some of the other townships, 2 deer, 1 deer, etc.

My friend from across the border said one year they identified a collared deer from NY state in the Quebec yard.
    Wow! Interesting! I had no idea that this happens. A little strange and sad that it’s allowed to go on like that.

Where did you get those photos KC?

I would venture to say that the vast mojority of deer on the North side of the South Branch and bordered by the Golden Rd. to the East go to Armstrong. Those between Bald Mtn. and the river probably go to Pittston Farms, and those south of Bald come to town.