Thread: Cool Moose Videos (turn up your volume)

Default Cool Moose Videos (turn up your volume)

"The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

"The rich who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own exertions, these are the real enemies of the game" Theodore Roosevelt's the principals of the hunt.

Cool! I have a bunch of videos with moose vocalizing. Some are lone bulls like those, others are cows being chased by bulls, and even a few calves and cows conversing subtly. If I had time and editing capabilities I’d combine a bunch, would make a neat video.

Nice vids ! The bull in the second vid grunts " almost " as good as the Russelbro's do.

With a little more practice he can be as good as they are ! LOL

Good stuff! I've been getting a lot of moose on cam in south-central NH this year. Good to see they're not extinct from NH!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsmanNH View Post
    Nice vids ! The bull in the second vid grunts " almost " as good as the Russelbro's do.

With a little more practice he can be as good as they are ! LOL
    You've heard Jeff using the rest room?
    That's how you do it...

Nice video's NH Hunter! Thanks for posting.

I took the boys out last night to set the last hour near an old apple orchard with bear puke knee deep - we didn't see any bears, but as we were walking out I threw out a couple cow calls and immediately had a response. We could hear him in the spruces, but he was really taking his time. It was a school night and we had an hour drive home, so we bailed. Both boys want to go back tonight after school, so maybe we'll get a peek at him.

Quote Originally Posted by sneaky_pete000 View Post
    I took the boys out last night to set the last hour near an old apple orchard with bear puke knee deep - we didn't see any bears, but as we were walking out I threw out a couple cow calls and immediately had a response. We could hear him in the spruces, but he was really taking his time. It was a school night and we had an hour drive home, so we bailed. Both boys want to go back tonight after school, so maybe we'll get a peek at him.
    I was thinking about taking my daughter out tomorrow night or Sunday and try the same. There's only one moose hunter in that has the entire zone, so I'm sure I won't mess him up.

Quote Originally Posted by NH Hunter View Post
    I was thinking about taking my daughter out tomorrow night or Sunday and try the same. There's only one moose hunter in that has the entire zone, so I'm sure I won't mess him up.
    There's no permits in the zone we're in, so we've been giving it a shot. Friday night was the first one without any mosquitos, and last night was awesome. It was 44 when we got back to the truck and the boys were actually chilled for the first time this season. Having kids that enjoy the same stuff we do is like winning the lotto. If they wanted to go watch the opera on a Sunday night, I'd support them, but I'd hate it. The fact that they want to know if they can stay up late on a school night so we can go hunt the spot up the the Greens is music to my ears. I haven't seen any pits yet, but I did hear one grunting, so they must be getting close at our latitude.