Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer browse and acorns

Escout- Yea, standing silage corn that will likely be down around Oct 1st. What little residual corn is left is cleaned up by the turkeys in short order. Interestingly there are tracks in the field every year regardless of the acorn crop. Not sure if they are out there feeding on the weedy edges or that short clover that is spotty in the field after the harvest. Maybe they just like to socialize out there at night. I've never had much luck around field edges in the past but honestly always find myself gravitating deeper in the woods. My two new cameras should be in today. they are going out in a smaller patch of woods between a couple of good size green fields off of a 1/4 mile dirt road with just one house on the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JJM6 View Post
    Escout- Yea, standing silage corn that will likely be down around Oct 1st. What little residual corn is left is cleaned up by the turkeys in short order. Interestingly there are tracks in the field every year regardless of the acorn crop. Not sure if they are out there feeding on the weedy edges or that short clover that is spotty in the field after the harvest. Maybe they just like to socialize out there at night. I've never had much luck around field edges in the past but honestly always find myself gravitating deeper in the woods. My two new cameras should be in today. they are going out in a smaller patch of woods between a couple of good size green fields off of a 1/4 mile dirt road with just one house on the end of it.
    The inside corners of those fields could be awesome!
    My people call me "Stands on Logging Roads."