Thread: Travel Bow Case Recommendation

Default Travel Bow Case Recommendation

Been using a soft case for the past 6-7 years, it is good for general use but I am going to be doing some traveling with my bow and want something more durable. I started looking at the SKB line and then my head started spinning. At first I thought I was going to get a single case, but now considering a double. I only have 1 bow but may add another down the line. It would be nice to have a place to keep my arrows in the case without having to add an additional arrow case. Not sure if there is anything else I should be considering or have been overlooking. Would be great to hear from some guys who have already been through this and do some traveling with their bow. There always seems to be something that I haven't thought of that only shows itself after a couple of trips.

For traveling to competitions we use a case similar to the Easton case http://www.lancasterarchery.com/east...-bow-case.html if you are traveling for a hunt I would highly recommend getting a SKB double bow case to have enough room for arrows/quiver and broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by shawn_in_MA View Post
    For traveling to competitions we use a case similar to the Easton case http://www.lancasterarchery.com/east...-bow-case.html if you are traveling for a hunt I would highly recommend getting a SKB double bow case to have enough room for arrows/quiver and broadheads
    Thanks. Without seeing any of these in person its kind of difficult to gauge how much other equipment will fit in the case. This case will be used for hunting.

Ended up getting this one http://www.lancasterarchery.com/skb-...-bow-case.html. I looked into the smaller version, Model 4217, but that would have been a tight fit with my bow and would be a challenge if I wanted to carry a rifle / muzzleloader in it. The case is HUGE. That is my only concern with it. Heavy duty construction and plenty of room for all of my archery gear, probably most of my hunting clothes as well. I know that my gear will be protected but I am curious to see if the case size becomes an issue.

WOW ! You are right ! That thing is HUGE ! You can add a couple more uses for it than just carrying guns and bows . You can probably throw a deer in it and drag it out like a jet sled . Or use to to bring all your ice fishing gear out on the ice. And when all else fails you can always use it as a coffin. ! LOL